style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning,

I have two unpaid council tax bills from 2008 and 2009 that Rossendales are chasing.

I have been making small weekly payments each week direct to the council.

I sent Rossendales a notice of implied rights of access by recorded delivery.

They sent a reply that worries me and need advice on what to do next.

They say they will be enforcing two liability orders against me from the years above.

They say they are proof of my lawful obligation to pay council tax.

It says the orders enable a certified baliff to act for the council to levy distress.

Says recovery action can result in improsement through the courts.

Lastly they say they have peaceful right of entry

what i do know but the liability order maybe residing on assets and will supersede the notice of removal of implied rights of access.

Trawled through forums but can not find the answer to the implied rights of access being over ruled.

To add it is my partners property and everything is in her name.

Some advice would be great.

Forget about the freeman of the land rubbish

Treat the debt as a priority and pay the council direct

The bailiffs are right they do have the right of peaceful entry

So keep property secure if they turn up do not let them in

There is no right of entry by force no locksmith no nothing

Any threat of prison is a long way off if that was the case the judge may remit the debt

As long as you are paying there will be no prison

Keep bailiffs out pay council direct

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Peaceful entry means either you let them in ( a very BAD idea) or you leave a door unlocked or a window open, and they get in through those. Move and keep any car away, then if they claim a levy on a random car that is not yours they are knackered and a Formal complaint can help your case as the bailiffs are then in the wrong. Keep paying the council and deny the bailiff alevy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I looked briefly at this question this morning before leaving home and since my return I have been trying to find details of the legal case regrading this same subject and Rossendales earlier this year.

I have looked through my posts and realised that In May this year, I had written briefly about the recent court case and promised to write more further facts became known.

Sadly, writing about this subject (Implied Right of Access) on this forum has frequently lead to "spoof" posts being made on the forum with the sole intention being to dissuade the public from knowing that with bailiff enforcement such notices are not worth the paper that they are written on.

It would be far better therefore if I were to start a brand new thread regarding the Rossendales Case. I will see whether I can get this arranged today.

Edited by tomtubby

"Says recovery action can result in improsement through the courts. "

Imprisonment is for wilful non payers, you are paying something so that is most unlikely in your case. Dossendales like to instill fear and dread into debtors.

Caggers will help you sort this, and as already stated peaceful entry means you let them in or they get in through an unsecured door or window.

They have no statutory right of entry. The truth is that there is no law that compels you to speak to or even deal with a bailiff. deny them a levy and the most they can have in fees is £42.50.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Morning,

Lastly they say they have peaceful right of entry what i do know but the liability order maybe residing on assets and will supersede the notice of removal of implied rights of access.

Trawled through forums but can not find the answer to the implied rights of access being over ruled.

Some advice would be great.

Harry,

In response to your question regarding these Notices of Removal of Implied Right of Access you may be interested to read the thread that I started on this very subject earlier this week. As you will see, the bailiff company was Rossendales Ltd.

The link to the thread is below:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406801-Notice-of-Removal-of-Implied-Right-of-Access......debtor-loses-in-court-and-ordered-to-pay-bailiff-companies-legal-costs(3-Viewing)-nbsp