Bannatynes gym membership fees

platham_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been trying to join Bannatynes for a while, myself and my wife are keen to sign up on a joint membership in the Dunfermline gym.

We have been asked to pay 100 pounds a month for on peak in total for a joint membership, this is an awful lot of money and I don't see how Bannatynes can justify this amount in the current climate and id be surprised if many if any sign up on those terms!. Off peak is not an option which im sure is the case for 90% of working families!

Is there anything you can do to challenge this ridiculous monthly fee?, has anyone else been asked to pay such a silly amount of money at Bannatynes?

They are free to set any prices they want. You dont have to join.

They gym im with, the membership fee with classes is £35 a month. I pay £19.99. No joining fee, no min contract as i got it through a special offer they had.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Platham and welcome to CAG

I get the impression that Bannatynes are one of the more expensive of the larger gyms but that is probably reflected in the amount of equipment they have and the quality of it. I'm not a member, by the way, so am not taking sides.

There's no harm in telling them you don't want to pay that amount and what can they do to reduce the monthly payment. Be very wary, however, of committing to a m/ship agreement exceeding 12 months. Also, I would avoid any gym that involves a credit agreement as this may be far harder to escape from, regardless of any circumstances.

Have a good look at other gyms in the area, to see how they compare in terms of the amount of equipment, how well it appears to be maintained and how easy it is to use the stuff you'd want. In particular, visit the gym at the times you would visit if you joined, so you can see how likely you'd be to use what you wanted.

Make sure you are fully aware of what each gym's agreement entails in terms of :-

1. Minimum membership period that you are committed to paying.

2. Minimum Notice Period you must give if you want to leave.

3. Circumstances in which you CAN cancel early like unemployment, sickness/injury or relocating if moving home/work.

I'm sure there'll be cheaper gyms you can use. But you need to be happy that they will offer an acceptable compromise.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

If you want a cheap and cheerful gym, try your local councils leisure centre.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D