• Tweets

• Our price is the same all day, but varies day to day. Yes there's a risk of high prices but it has never gone above SVR any time since I signed up. Last 30 days average 17.67p/kWh, max 20.67 and lowest was 11.83.  It saved just under £300 during 2023.  
    • It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Fred/lowels and their legal threats old morethan card now lloyds

englishminx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, please excuse me if I have posted in the wrong area,

I had a credit card with MoreThan in June 2004,

in June 2006. out of nowhere Morethan stopped supplying my credit card,

and the account changed names to Lloyds, and

I was sent 2 credit cards in the post,

1 a mastercard and

1 a visa I think.

I never signed a credit agreement with Lloyds, when they sent me the cards.

Due to long term sick at work and losing my job,

I got into a lot of financial problems,

and defaulted on this credit card in December 2008.

My last payment to them was May 2008.

After the initial letters whilst depressed, I never heard anything for a long time,

over the past few years, the debt has popped up with numerous DCA's sending me letters,

but about 4 months ago, I had a strange letter from Llowels saying they now owned the debt,

and have been sending me monthly statements.

I am now receiving daily texts, and daily calls on my mobile and home phone from them (my house is currently being sold),

so I am not living at the address, so the calls there are not a problem,

today I have received a letter from their legal department threatening court action.

I have today checked my credit file, and my Lloyds default has been settled,

and at the same time, I now have an account with Llowels on my credit account for this.

so it looks like 2 bad accounts as well.

My questions are, firstly, any advice of how I should proceed.

2) Can they do this on my credit account,

My worry is I am moving in with my bf, who is very credit conscious,

he knows of my problems from my past,

but wants to deal with it for me,

but I am scared that contacting them,

will mean I am admitting I owe the money and I will never get them off my back.

Thank you

Hi

Firstly, if after one month the two defaults are still there, contact the credit reference agency to dispute it.

Once a debt is sold, the new owner places their name against the original default and the Lloyds one 'should' disappear within one month.

DO NOT ring anyone! Deal totally in writing and to cover yourself, any letter should be headed, "I acknowledge no debt to you nor any company you claim to represent."

In the library are some letters to help deal with the phone calls. Never sign a letter-digitally print it.

The biggest problem you have with Lowells is that they use Statutory Demands as a debt collection tool and as such, they go for property owners so get the house sold ASAP.

Another issue is 'Financial Association'. Once you move in and start having post directed to the new address, you may find a Financial Association on your BFs credit file which 'may affect his credit score. Defaults (and the like) should be about the person and not the address but some creditors see it as being just as bad so you may wish your BF to attempt a Financial Disassociation with the CRAs

As this is a credit card, send the Leeds Losers a CCA request and it may be worth sending Lloyds a SAR to see what data they have for you (if any). This may show whether charges (and/or PPI) have been added. These can be reclaimed.

If you do sell the house and have a profit, you may wish to think of a Full & Final offer. If so, ask here first as there could be complications if you don't follow procedure

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi how much is outstanding?

Your best move now is a CCA request to Lowell use the template from the CAG library there is a statutory fee of £1 Lowell have 12 +2 working days to comply, this will show up if there is actually any agreement for these cards.

As silverfox said the new owner is obliged to update the CRA files with their data, the original default date must never be changed.

You can place a notice of dispute on each CRA entry.

Requests for information do not form an acknowledgment of the debt.

It would also be a good idea to make a SAR to Lloyds to get all the data on the account, there is a statutory fee of £10 the creditor has 40 days to comply again there is a template in the CAG library.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you both for responding so quickly,

The amount owed is almost £3000.

I did receive a letter in the summer from Lloyds (who I haven't had any correspondence from for a few years) saying they had sold the debt to Llowels. Then the communication from Llowels commenced.

Both are showing on credit reference, although Lloyds is showing as settled at the time it passed to Llowels, although it shows my history of payments and default in the monthly tracker.

Llowels just shows as defaulted, (the dates, amounts etc, all identical to the original dates with Lloyds), so they haven't amended the default date, it just looks like I defaulted 2 companies at the same time.

When sending the payments to them both, should I send cheques from my bf, or a postal order? I just thought the cheques we would at least know if they cashed them.

With postal orders, you can check with the post office as to whether they have been cashed

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

The Lloyds account show settled because Lowell have paid for it.

You don't pay Lloyds and Lowell, just Lowell BUT not until they prove that they have a compliant agreement for the account, personally I doubt one exists from what you say.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Sorry this might seem a stupid question, as Llowels have settled the Lloyds debt and now they think they own it, in the CCA letter that I have looked at in the library, do I take the bit out to CRA, or leave that in, as I am confused if they are still the CRA, or now the debt owner?

Thank you

Lowell have bought the account with all the rights, benefits and obligations of the original agreement and are the beneficial owner of the 'debt'.

Yes leave the section re CRAs out it's not relevant at this moment,. We can sort the CRA entries when we find out about the agreement status.

Lowell are a debt purchaser, and use various trading styles Debt Purchase portfolio are usually named as Lowell Portfolio and Lowell Portfolio 1, debt collection trading styles are Red Debt collection but Lowell also us a number or 3rd party debt collection agencies, then there is their 'legal department trading as Hampton Legal.

Dear AllThank you so far.

As Fredericksons were the last to contact me,

should I send the CCA to them or Llowels,

I thought if i send it to Fredericksons,

it would at least stop them proceeding,

and push back to Llowels,

but they may just reject it.

Also another question, the letters all have PO Boxes should I send it to the PO BOx,

or is there other addresses to send it to,

i thought i would need to send it recorded delivery,

and I cant obviously do that to a PO BOx.

I would send it to Freds as they are chasing on behalf of the Leeds Losers.

Don't use the PO box, use this

Freds (AKA-losers)

One Apex View, Leeds, LS11 9BH

1 Apex View Leeds LS 11 9BH is The Lowell Group HO address.

You know Brig, you are quite correct.

Has Freds Joined with the Leeds Losers?

The only reason I ask is that on the Freds website, the registered addy is the same as Lowell???

Just done a webcheck. Both Lowell and Freds have separate OFT licence numbers however, these are the named individuals for lowell:

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Andrew Paul Bartle

Colin George Storrar

Gary James Edwards

James John Cornell

Richard Llewellyn Davies

Sara Louise De Tute

and for Freds

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Andrew Paul Bartle

Colin George Storrar Director

Gary James Edwards Director

James John Cornell

Richard Llewellyn Davies Director

Sara Louise De Tute

Notice the similarity?

Amalgamation/takeover took place earlier this March/May.

de Tute is the one to complain to (Director of Legal & Compliance for the Lowell Group).

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I had replied but it isn't showing.

I wrote to Freds on Thursday 24th Oct by RD,

I received one call the day after, and since then have had no calls and no letters

(I was receiving 2-3 calls per day on mobile and home phone, and at least 2 letters a week).

If they don't respond what do I do next?

As there time frame is almost up.

Thank you

if they fail the 12+2 working days dead line

send the failure to comply letter and stop any payments

if you are being fleeced by anyone.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I plan on sending the failed to provide letter today or tomorrow,

I have taken the letter from the library and adapted it.

Could I ask would it be beneficial in ensuring i include anything saying that the letters / phone calls ceased following their receipt of my request,

and shoudl these recommence it will be the harassment blah blah.

Also the wording in the library letter,

kind of implies i admit i owe the debt,

by saying cannot provide the CCA I signed,

would i be able to say,

provide a signed CCA because I dont believe it exists?

Thanks

Hi

I wouldn't give them any information that they don't need. You know you didn't sign an agreement, they don't.

I think the only thing to say is that until a valid agreement is supplied, no further correspondence will be entered into. In the library is a telephone harassment letter. I wouldn't send it yet unless they have been bombarding you by phone.

you dont 'have' to send the failure to comply letter.

its perfectly obv to any creditor they have failed the cca requrst.

the letter does not ack the debt.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Dear all

Thank you all for your advice and help, which I followed,

Lowells never came back to my request for the CCA,

and I never had any further phone calls or correspondence from them.

I have now moved into my temporary address and we are about to reapply for a mortgage,

I have obtained my latest credit report and I am worried when I apply

because of an error on my credit report, and I am not sure what to do.

I have both historical info showing for Lloyds TSB with an account start date of 18/6/2004

and default date of 23/12/2008 for the amount of £2,768.

Although this shows satisfied 31/7/2008,

I also have Lowells showing an account with them with the same start date,

but the default date is 29/12/2008,

and the balance showing as £2,768.

(there is nothing showing on the LLowels entry this is the TSB account)

2 issues I have is both show different default dates,

and it now looks like I have 2 defaults on my credit report.

Although they will both disappear at the end of this year,

I need to apply for the mortgage now,

how do I get this corrected on my file,

who do I have to take the issue up with?

PS I know having even the 1 default will be an issue,

but we don't need to borrow that much and I don't want the mortgage in partners name,

as I wont be able to go on the house deeds because of it.

Edited by englishminx
clarifying nothing identifies them as same default

the Lloyds entry should not be showing at all - they have sold the debt.

and the defaulted date lowells have entered MUST match the org OC's entry

as for getting rid of it.

did you get all the statements?

if you can prove the defaulted balance was made of penalty charges then you might stand a chance.

dx

and they

dx 100 is right the two entries running side a problem although if the dates are the same it will not matter.

The satisfied date will be the date the account was sold by the OC and has no impact

You can request LTSB to remove their entry as the Lowell on succeeds it, so write to the data controller of LLoyds.

6 days is of no consequence really.

The default will have an impact with some lenders that zero tolerance to defaults however old some may ignore it.

The more likely problems with a mortgage app are what is remaining on CRA files after the default goes there will need to be an absolute minimum of 3 years very possibly more of good ++ credit management and residential status.