Bwlegal/lowell portfolio 1 ltd statutory demand delivered by hand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok many thanks, will I be able to get all the templates or a rough idea what to put in my letter or email to bwlegal? I will await for someone to advise me.

Thank you

Yep, we can help with all that. I see the person I asked to look at your figures is looking at your thread now, hopefully we will be able to progress throughout the day.

Please be aware that all site team and other caggers who advise, are volunteers, so might not be around all day. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi ims21, unbelievably I have found a load of bank statements dating back to 2000 and a few years after that that show I was making payments each month to BLS collections with regard to the Lloyd's loan! will these suffice?

Thank you

Hi yes they may help.

Haven't got anything for the first loan have you....the one taken out in March 1996?

We have a chain of loans here which makes the calculations a little trickier and I may have to PM you at some stage but I'll let you know where if I do.

Unfortunately I can't find any bank statements prior to 1999. I have found statements showing payments to BLS that date from March 2000 and the last payment I can find that I have paid to BLS was June 2009. Will these be any good?

Thank you

It seems from the PDF files that the loan in March 1996 was the first one.

Can you tell which was the second one? This may be identifiable by the date you took it out and/or the reference number of the old loan which it paid off.

I have done some figures for you up to what I think may be the ending of the third loan. It see,s that each of these loans refinanced each other.

For the first three loans I have assumed that monthly payments were made as normal since we don't have any evidence to the contrary.

Also, we don't know what happened with the last loan. When that was terminated by the bank then the PPI would have terminated as well.

However, at a guess I am up to about £2,500 but we then have to add in a provision for loan 4. Allow, say £3,000 for that and you could be up to about £5,500 as being due back.

As I say this is really based on estimating things due to the lack of base data. This figure will also be affected by any rebates which may have been given when each loan was effectively settled.

Sorry I can't be more accurate but it is the best I can do with the data available.

Good morning and thank you very much for your hard work. My next question is where do I go from here? What letters do I use and do I send them to bwlegal. If the PPI claim is successful and the amount owed is reduced I would like to consider making them a small monthly payment.

Thank you once again

Write/email BW Legal - Simply advise them that you were served the Stat Demand on DATE, that as you disagree with the amount being claimed, it is your intention to apply to have their Demand set aside.

As I am not sure whether you should advise this is because of mis sold PPI, I will ask others to look in.

BCOBS

Plan of action..

1: you need to get your complaint regarding the PPI into the bank as soon as possible -

You can download the form from the Financial Ombudsman Website.

Complete it as best you can with the Account numbers that you have. Enclose it with a letter that says something along the lines of.... You have discovered that Payment Protection Insurance was added to the loan accounts listed and you believe it has been mis sold, you would the money refunded.

2: Email/letter to BW legal - here a bit tricky - you have the agreements, so you cant really say that there has been a non compliance of a CCA request.

Can you let us know if you have ever received a Notice of Assignment either from the Bank or Lowells - to say the account has been sold.

Did you ever receive a Default Notice which gave you time to pay the arrears.

Have you been receiving statements or Notice of Arrears ?

BCOBS

Hi,

So I need to send the PPI letter to Lloyd's first off. I have received letters to say that the debt has been sold on but I can't remember if I ever received a default notice, which to be fair I suppose I probably did. I have not received any statements or notice of arrears lately that I can remember. Am I right in saying that I need to contact bwlegal as I have 18 days from when the notice was served. I will wait until someone contacts me about writing to them. Do you think that I should also tell my DMP company which is payplan that I now have this to deal with and would they help me negotiate a payment plan with bwlegal?

Thank you

PPI claims will always go to the Original creditor as that is where the mis selling happened. Yes - in order to say you are disputing the amount being claimed by the stat demand, your PPI letter should be dated before you submit the application and your email/letter to BW legal.

You need to submit your application to set aside by 5th November as it came into your hands on the 18th October.

Yes, you can if you wish ask your DMP to help you deal with this if you wish and they could probably help you negotiate a repayment plan :)

BCOBS

Ok many thanks I will get PPI letter sorted and sent tomorrow, should I mention the rough figures that ims21 calculated or just leave figures out?, I'm presuming I just send it to Lloyd's head office?. Is there a special letter I need to send to bwlegal? And I will contact payplan and tell them about this. I feel so stupid, I wish I had dealt with it earlier instead of burying my head in the sand.

Thank you

1: you need to get your complaint regarding the PPI into the bank as soon as possible -

You can download the form from the Financial Ombudsman Website.

Complete it as best you can with the Account numbers that you have. Enclose it with a letter that says something along the lines of.... You have discovered that Payment Protection Insurance was added to the loan accounts listed and you believe it has been mis sold, you would the money refunded.

Download the PPI complaint form from the FOS website - complete with what information you have. account numbers / dates etc and why you believe it was mis sold. IMHO, the forms came complete with the PPI already ticked and the figures complete, so you would have assumed that you weren't being given a choice. But if you have any other reasons, then include those as well. Do make sure you take a copy of the completed form

Yes, send it to Lloyds Head office, just enclose a short letter along the lines of.. I believe that Payment Protection Insurance applied to the loans mentioned in the completed form were mis sold. I would like you to refund the monies please..

BCOBS

:)

BCOBS

I have just completed the PPI consumer questionnaire that I got from the FOS website and will be sending it off to Lloyd's PPI customer services BX1 1LT tomorrow. I will then be contacting bwlegal tomorrow. Is there a draft letter to tell them I am disputing the amount owed or do I just write basically telling them I am disputing it?

Thank you