Bwlegal/lowell portfolio 1 ltd statutory demand delivered by hand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

It's been a little while, well 2 years to be precise since I last asked questions on here about my Lloyds bank loan. I have been receiving letters from various collections company's over the years and I have sent a cariety of letters off after getting some excellent advice on here and now today a man turned up and presented an SD to my husband for me.

I am now extremely anxious about this as I have been reading that it could mean the possibility of bankruptcy. I don't know if I can stomach going through challenging this debt anymore and wonder if it would be worth while making an offer of a monthly payment, if so what would I be looking at for a debt that is nearly £22k?!

I am in a DMP at the moment and would this be something that Payplan could help set up?

Please could someone give me some advice as I am now really scared as it seems to be moving forward now.

Many thanks and hope someone can give me some advice.

Regards,

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again honeybee, this is my first post made in March 2010, gosh that's actually longer agao than I thought. I have made quite a few posts, do you want all my links?

Thank you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251522-Bls-Collections-Help-Needed-Please&p=2824641#post2824641

If you could just give us a little history of the debt being pursued that should be sufficient.

You have 18 days from the date the stat demand was served on you to get it set aside.

Reasons for doing this can be..

non compliance with a s78 (request for a copy of the agreement) - had you sent such a request with the fee of £1.00 and the request has not been complied with.

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that was unresolved at the time it was assigned/sold to Lowells.

Were there any default/penalty charges on the debt that could reduce the liability

Was there any Payment Protection Insurance applied when it might not have been necessary, in which case it could be reclaimed.

However, if you wish to make an offer, then there is no reason why you cannot do this.

Just let us know how you want to proceed and we can advise the best way forward.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You say you are in a DMP with PayPlan - was this account part of that DMP and have you been making payments toward the loan ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi ciitizenB, thank you for your reply. I took the loan out probably back in 1996/7 and then I defaulted a few years later and was paying BLS collections around £70 per month, I then stupidly stopped paying as I couldn't afford it and it spiraled out of control. I sent various letters that I used from here and sent a £1 postal order which they took off the debt but did not produce what I requested. They added PPI at the time I took the loan and I did not ask for this, I did write querying the PPI but I have received no response. I have sent letters disputing the loan but never received any replies and really I suppose my only beef should be the fact that they added PPI not that I owe the money. As this has been ongoing for a few years now I don't know whether just to make a monthly offer but not sure what is a reasonable amount and my DMP does not include this loan which in hindsight I wish it did.

Thanks you for your help.

Hmm,

Ok, do you have any paperwork for the loan ? If we could try and do something about reclaiming the Payment Protection Insurance, it might reduce any liability considerably. I will leave an S.O.S for others on the site team, see if they have any ideas.

They might not pop in this evening, but will certainly do so over the weekend.

BCOBS

Ok that's great. Yes I think I have the original agreement somewhere but it might need some digging out. I will have a look tomorrow as I will soon be off to bed after a long day and then I'll scan it and post it on here. Will I still be able to claim PPI back after so long?

Thank you

Excellent, if you do have the original agreement, we could probably make a start on working out the PPI.

Tomorrow will do fine. Sleep well :)

BCOBS

:thumb:

BCOBS

Good morning citizenB and to all that are following my post,

I have found all the paperwork that is relevant to my loans, there are several credit agreements as it looks like I have consolidated my loans. The PPI box is clearly marked as yes and the paperwork is in very good condition so should scan up well. I am not sure if I can remember how to upload but I will have a go and post back on here and await your fabulous help.

Many thanks,

You should speak to Payplan, if you have a DMP with them. They need to know about this.

You can apply yourself to set aside the statutory demand, but there are also Solicitors out there who will do this on a no win no fee basis. If you search around online you should be able to find them.

I suspect the reason you are being targeted, is that you have property registered in your name. If you read the Wendyboats thread on CAG where Lowells have made her bankrupt, they are now threatening to force the sale of her house. So you have to take getting the set aside of the statutory demand very seriously, which I think you are.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

When I post scans of my credit agreements as well as taking out personal details do I need to take out the amounts or do I leave in?

Thank you

Take out the amounts. But you can in your post, enter a very approx amount of the debt, so people have an idea.

With the level of debts that you have, I would suggest that you seek professional help from a Solicitor and debt advisors. If you manage to set aside this statutory demand, they might just come back via the normal court court claim route.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

UB, if the PPI figures are on the agreements as well, we should be able to help OP work out how much she could likely reclaim if there is a case for mis selling.

WW, if you follow the instructions below, you should have no problems uploading. You will need to convert to pdf format.

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all personal info including barcodes etc. using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new message box here

hit go advanced below the message box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB: you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

Then hit reply button

BCOBS

Leave all the figures on :)

Remove your name, address, any bank account details/ account numbers / personal telephone numbers etc.

BCOBS

Hello, hope I've done it right. I have noticed that I have the customer copy and the original copy for the larger loan, is there any reason why I should have the original copy with my signature and also the signature of the bank employee? Do you think I will be able to claim PPI charges back to reduce the amount and then make them a monthly payment?

Thank you

Good morning, I would really appreciate some advice today so that I can get any correspondence that I need to write sent off tomorrow. Do you think I have grounds to claim back PPI even though the loans are so old? If I write to claim, who do I write to and will it give me some breathing space from bwlegal? I am thinking of going down the line of hopefully claiming PPI charges back therefore reducing the debt and then making an offer of a small monthly payment as I don't think I can carry on with this hanging over me anymore. As I am in a DMP with payplan for other debt shall I now contact them and mention this and do you think they will be able to negotiate for me?

Thank you

I have left an S.O.S for someone to have a look at your scans and help you work out how much PPI you could likely reclaim.

There is no time limit on reclaiming. If the PPI was mis sold, it was mis sold.

Once you have an idea of what the reclaim figure could be - I think you will still need to submit a set aside application - your reason for this would be that you dispute the sum being claimed.

Although you might first want to send a letter/email to BW Legal advising that you will be applying to set aside based on the dispute of the sum being claimed.

It can be decided what you need to do when we know how much of the figure is indeed PPI.

BCOBS

Hi

Dropping in as requested by CB.

I'll have a look at the PDF files during the morning and we can get going on some figure work.

We can help you with the letters etc. so don't worry on that front.

Will be back when I have reviewed your documents :-)