Black horse late payment charges on car finance

cheesenpickle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband current has a car loan with Black Horse.

It has been on going since 2008.

He now has 2000 left to pay and they have decided to take him to court regarding this matter.

(Due to his own fault of not paying on time etc etc)

There is however a number of charges on the account that they have added.

He got behind on the payments due to other bills and finances etc etc.

Is there anything i can do about this?

claim with woolwich for £1895. offer recieved for £1412 . rejection letter sent on 05/04/07.

claim with capital one for £987 for two accounts, preliminary sent 02/04/07

still waiting for full statements for husbands capital one.

gemoney sar sent on 03/03/07. on 3 accounts. cheque cashed.

barclays bank sar sent on 03/03/07. had response and cheque returned, but still no statements.

monument sar sent 03/03/07. phone call from monument to say they are dealing with my request.

Hi C&P,

YH should make a list of all penalty charges added to the a/c and put them onto a spreadsheet, to see what amount can be reclaimed.

Use a compound interest spreadsheet and the interest rate applicable to the loan.

Can you confirm, has the bank just threatened court action or has YH rec'd a claim issued by the courts.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Sorry for late reply. They have threatened for court action and said they are in the process of doing it now. I called them for offer of payment and they said it is too late they are taking it for the court to decide. We are continuing to make they payments.

I have also requested a list of the charges that have been applied to the account

claim with woolwich for £1895. offer recieved for £1412 . rejection letter sent on 05/04/07.

barclays bank sar sent on 03/03/07. had response and cheque returned, but still no statements.

monument sar sent 03/03/07. phone call from monument to say they are dealing with my request.

Hi C&P,

If you haven't already done so, send the bank a formal SAR with the £10 fee.

They may not supply the data in response to an informal request and you really need this info, in case they do actually take court action.

This is not necessary if you have all the a/c statements showing all penalty charges added.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I have the statements in hand now. Can anyone tell me where i can find the compound forms and what letter i should send next

having added it all up there is 893.45 of extra charges on the account including interest they have added

You can use this spreadsheet but enter just the penalty charges, the dates and the a/c's interest rate - http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interestcalcs.xls

This will show you interest you can claim in restitution, instead of reclaiming interest that they have charged you, which is more complicated.

Let us know the interest rate you use and the figure for compound interest.