• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

my MBNA debt been through every DCA in the book - now link chasing

ncm-000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be enough to see off a large part of the debt!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I think it will amount to less than 10% even with interest over 5 years.

I don't think it is enforceable, for lots of reasons.

8 different DCAs

3 different offers of discount

potential problems with the agreement (they only have a credit application )

DCAs run away when challenged.

12 months from SB.

Thinking on this MBNA used ''dual purpose'' app/agreement forms some were/are compliant others were definitely not, do you have a copy?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thinking on this MBNA used ''dual purpose'' app/agreement forms some were/are compliant others were definitely not, do you have a copy?

I posted it in another thread and you looked at it.

It might be OK but have they got the supporting paperwork to link the application to an account?

We are talking a document near 20 years old!

Couple that with all the other things listed above and I think they are on a hiding to nothing.

Doesn't matter really as I have no money, no income and no assets.

I just want these bottom feeding **** to waste as much of their money as possible.

A few trips to see the District Judge should rack their Barristers fees up a few £K. And if they lose then I am sure I can justify a hefty expenses bill to add to their woes.

this was supposed to be a general question as I have a thread running for advice on that particular can of worms.

I just tacked on to this rhread as it was heading for a discussion on reclaiming fees and charges.

I would only want to open this can of worms if it would yeald some cash not just reduce the owed balance!

Edited by ncm-000
add comments

To add mud to the waters I have just found a MBNA Statement from 2006 with a different account number on it.

The first 8 digits are the same. I have only ever had one MBNA Mastercard.

when the agreement (possibly) turned into an account it would most certainly NOT have been the one hand written

and preceded by the word Arrow on the top of the form.

Now in a court of law I would expect this would 'blow them out of the water' unless they could prove an unbroken chain from

1. the Application to

2.an agreement (missing)

3. to an account in the first number.

4. to a documented chain proving the change to the new number.

And I seriously doubt they can.

in a Civil court the 'balance of probabilities 'comes in not 'beyond reasonable doubt' so can I rely on them not being able to provide a chain of evidence.

Is there a way I can use this to force them to back down permanently

or should I hold this 'torpedo' in my arsenal to spring on this in front of a Judge, should the be stupid enough to go to court?

Is it possible a repalcement card was issued at any time David?

Is it possible a replacement card was issued at any time David?

I can't remember that far back.

Surely the same chain of evidence would be required if that were the case

Most cards have a ''life' of 3 years and a replacement is then a new card is issued the first digits remain the the lat 8 change.

The SAR is the best route without all the data all is speculation.

I am still waiting for Fredrickson ( & Arrow) to come back with something as my last communication was a 'prove it letter'

The application form was provided by a previous DCA who 'ran away' when I challenged them.

So if required I shall SAR MBNA (I will not spend the £10 until I NEED to).

Any thoughts on the other points raised?

It's difficult to see that no such ''chain' existed, given an app form/card numebers and useage of va credit facility.

The SAR is the answer imo.

It's difficult to see that no such ''chain' existed, given an app form/card numebers and useage of va credit facility.

The SAR is the answer imo.

I am trying to understand the differences between Criminal Law and Civil Law.

If the evidence was for a Criminal Case then I believe they would have to provide an unbroken chain of paper work linking the various bits we have now.

For example there is no document that says the application was successful and the account AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD was issued with a credit limit of £AWS.XX

There is only the implication that as a result of an application in 1994 there exists an account in 2008 - some 14 years later. That to me is a big jump.

Criminal Law a case must be proved beyond reasonable doubt.

English civil law is built on in simple term 'as what would be deemed to be fair and reasonable to ''the man in the street'' and the ''balance of probabilities''

eg, Mr X had applied for a credit card, app is approved and the credit facility is used and the account is paid over a ''period'' of time> Mr X then falls behind with payments and is finally taken to court ( now leaving out ''faulty paperwork etc at this point) the creditor produces in court the ''app form'' and statements showing useage of the credit facility and payments being made by Mr.X on the balance of probablities here an account can reasonably be said to have existed.

The useage of ann account opened in 1994 onwards would subtantiate its existance.

Another couple of general questions.

1. If a debt has been through the hands of a number of DCAs and has been sold to a debt purchaser. And during discussions with a DCA who has now departed the field an offer to pay a nominal sum was offered and rejected. Would a debt owner have the letters to/from the DCA in question? As if they did not then a SB statement could be made after 6 years, with a fair chance of succeeding.

2. If a payment has been made say 3 years after a debt was defaulted would a debt owner be able to press fro payment 6+ years after the default. What would their chances of succeeding with court action be?

Default dates and the Limitations Act 1980 6 year time line for statute barred status must be viewed a completely separate.

The SB limitations is 6 clear years (5 in Scotland) with no payment or unequivocal admission of liability for the debt. ANY payment to any party DCA/Debt Purchaser during the 6 year period resets the six year clock!! Any further payments will reset is each time a payment is made.

Defaults are removed from credit file on the 6th anniversary of the default PAID OR NOT.

There are situations where a debt becomes statute barred while a ''default'' has time to run, the default remains until the 6th anniversary is reached.

Your point 2. means the debt is NOT statute barred as the payment resets the ''clock'' however the default will be removed after 6 years.

Point one letters that can/could reset the clock a very likely to be retained.

Thank you Brig,

I seem to remember reading elsewhere on this forum a comment that a non-SBd debt for which the default date was over 6 years, although not SB to would be difficult if not impossible to to get a judge to allow enforcement. Have I remembered correctly ?

If a letter that could be construed to be an acknowledgement of the debt was sent to a DCA, would you expect that the DCA would forward it to the debt owner when they walked away from the case?

No action should be started 6 years or more after the cause of action.

I would expect such a letter to be forwarded if aDCA returns a file to the

original creditor.

No action should be started 6 years or more after the cause of action.

So would that prevent court action 6 years after the default or would a Creditor be able to claim (successfully) that it was a continuing action by showing the actions of various DCAs?

Hi Brig

Just found the thread I was referring to back in 2011 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?306400-Oc-tax-write-off-debts-query you yourself actually had some input into this thread.

This was the actual paragraph from the HMCR website I was looking for and not the one I referred to on this thread.

Do not know if this helps but saved this on one of the threads I picked up on this site.

If they have wrote off the account and claimed VAT Tax relief, then they cannot sell the debt - the issue is proving they have claimed the tax relief.

In section 2.2 of the HMRC Reference: Notice 700/18 (December 2002) it states that a creditor who has met the condition of placing a debt in a “written off” account cannot sell the debt or assign the debt having claimed “bad debt relief

I knew I had discussed this topic once before just took a bit of time to find the thread.

Tinks

Knowing that Banks consider themselves above the law is there a tactic available to CAGers to contact HMRC when advised of a sale of a debt and query if the OC did write the debt off and claim the debt relief, because if they did it would invalidate the sale.

Would it be safe to imply that one has reason to believe that this fraudulent activity has taken place.

I.e. case law for each OC having been caught once so are they at it again?

Very good points ncm unfortunately for me my debt was sold some 10 years ago unbeknown to me at the time and would have been a bulk buy of debts as OC went Bust, so very much think like looking for a needle in a haystack for HMRC then again would HMRC divulge that sort of info to you if that paragraph I quoted does refer to consumer debts. Certainly would open a can of worms if it did me thinks.

Wish now I would have kept the name of the Original Cagger who posted that paragraph:sad:

Edited by the tinkerman

The fact that a company has had ''tax relief'' on a bad debt does not extinguish the debtors liability, the kind of ''proposition'' has come up many time over the years and has I'm afraid no merit.

So just to clarify Brig

is the Quote:

If they have wrote off the account and claimed VAT Tax relief, then they cannot sell the debt - the issue is proving they have claimed the tax relief.

In section 2.2 of the HMRC Reference: Notice 700/18 (December 2002) it states that a creditor who has met the condition of placing a debt in a “written off” account cannot sell the debt or assign the debt having claimed “bad debt relief

incorrect,not appertaining to consumer debts or when you say it holds no merit have we got a thread somewhere to say this has been looked into with HMRC, just to put this issue to bed once and for all.

There is no VAT on consumer credit debt, this is not like unpaid invoices between businesses, where a debt is truly written off against tax and cannot be sold on the regulation of the debt purchase an sale industry needs a specialist tax accountant all I can say is this is one thing the industry is not getting away with.

The fact that a company has had ''tax relief'' on a bad debt does not extinguish the debtors liability, the kind of ''proposition'' has come up many time over the years and has I'm afraid no merit.

But does it :-

a. prevent them selling it on.

b. prevent a purchaser chasing the debtor for the full amount.

c. limit the debt in some other way.

Seems strange that it can be 'written off' but yet still be collected. That gives the original owner two bites at the cherry.

Would that pass the reasonableness test in a civil court?

THE debt industry does not write off debt as part of the sale and purchase of debts the creditors sells a ''portfolio of accounts (debts) this is NOT sold as individual

accounts the whole portfolio may be 100snof thousands of pounds some debts viable some not so and some absolute lemons.

It is not like Mr Bloggs the builder not paying the merchant and the merchant writing off the debt or bad debt relief two different worlds.

The phrase written off is often misused, when a bank sells massive numbers of accounts yes they are ''written off '' the banks book debts by the sale.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS