Warrant of repossession!

Rachelle123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help have so many questions

Received a warrant for repossession which is on the November 4th telling me I need to vacate by then.

My arrears are 4200 with santander eversheds.

My husband has been out of work, so we have struggled we came to an afreement of 1200 of the arrears plus our normal mortgage amount each month, which we managed twice.

We can't afford that as we were both put of work, now both employed we called trod at and offered to pay half by November 11th they understandably said no. They want 2225 by October 24

I know I can put a n244 form in, what I don't know is would this sort it before the evoction date, how much is it, and where do I do it? Obviously so worried. My daughter who is pregnant is currently living with me and I feel beyond useless.

I don't want to go for an n244 if its not going to be decided on time

Hi Rachel, I'll get back to your shortly and we can get to work on an N244 application - if you put it in tomorrow or Monday you will get a hearing before the eviction date. If you can show how you will pay half of the arrears and also something towards the arrears each month going forwards you should be OK.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Rachel, I'll get back to your shortly and we can get to work on an N244 application - if you put it in tomorrow or Monday you will get a hearing before the eviction date. If you can show how you will pay half of the arrears and also something towards the arrears each month going forwards you should be OK.

Ok thank you, do I have to attend the hearing? This in itself

Is worrying me so much

Also been told I need to attend hearing and get an appointment to submit an n244, pretty sure I physically wouldn't go, I am nearing a break down, they want 2225 by October 24th only received the letter today, that's a week, plus my mortgage is due on the 21st so 550 for that then top, I can do my mortgage plus 1000 and the same each month but that's all

When you have completed the N244 you take it along to the court and hand it into the office - the fee is £45 and they will give you a date for the hearing. You will most definitely need to attend the hearing if you want the eviction stopped. However it is nowhere near as frightening as I'm sure you are imagining. The hearing takes place in a room, usually around a table (a bit like a meeting) with the judge, a representative for the lender and yourself. The judges are usually very good at guiding you through the process (which will take less than 10 minutes) and will understand you are nervous. A lot of courts have free duty legal advisors in attendance on days where eviction hearings are taking place and you can ask them to assist you and accompany you into the hearing - they can speak on your behalf and support you.

If you can make any payment in the meantime you should do so as it will help your case.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

When you have completed the N244 you take it along to the court and hand it into the office - the fee is £45 and they will give you a date for the hearing. You will most definitely need to attend the hearing if you want the eviction stopped. However it is nowhere near as frightening as I'm sure you are imagining. The hearing takes place in a room, usually around a table (a bit like a meeting) with the judge, a representative for the lender and yourself. The judges are usually very good at guiding you through the process (which will take less than 10 minutes) and will understand you are nervous. A lot of courts have free duty legal advisors in attendance on days where eviction hearings are taking place and you can ask them to assist you and accompany you into the hearing - they can speak on your behalf and support you.

If you can make any payment in the meantime you should do so as it will help your case.

I understand this, I just know I won't bring myself to do it, ill have to make paymen and hope they accept my offer

If they don't accept your offer and you don't apply for a hearing to have the eviction stopped and attend, then you will be evicted - sorry to sound harsh but that's the reality I'm afraid.

How much can you pay now ?

If they don't accept your offer and you don't go to the hearing then you will be evicted - sorry to sound harsh but that's the reality I'm afraid.

How much can you pay now ?

I am aware of this they want 2225 plus Octobers mortgage payment I can pay Octobers paymen plus 1400

When can you make that payment ?

OK, make the payment and then write to them by special delivery on Monday so they get it Tuesday. I can draft a letter for you.

How much can you reasonably afford towards the arrears each month going forward ?

I think looking at it seriously without outing myself in a position that may occur again 700 a month, thank you for helping me, I have contacted them in the last two weeks and they've not responded I spoke to them today on the phone and they claimed they have but in all my time on dealing with them they hardly do, but this is via email

OK. complete the affixed budget sheet (it calculates automatically as you fill it in) you can send them that with the letter (you would have to do one for a court hearing anyway so you might as well get it done now) and tell them if they do not accept your proposal you intend to apply to the court for a hearing to stop the eviction (if they think you're serious about defending the may decide to accept, but it's not guaranteed). When you have completed the budget sheet I'm happy to look it over.

I'll draft you a letter to send to them, you could email it first, but you must send by special delivery on Monday with proof of the pyment you made on saturday.

OK. complete the affixed budget sheet (it calculates automatically as you fill it in) you can send them that with the letter (you would have to do one for a court hearing anyway so you might as well get it done now) and tell them if they do not accept your proposal you intend to apply to the court for a hearing to stop the eviction (if they think you're serious about defending the may decide to accept, but it's not guaranteed). When you have completed the budget sheet I'm happy to look it over.

I'll draft you a letter to send to them, you could email it first, but you must send by special delivery on Monday with proof of the pyment you made on saturday.

Ok thank you

The budget is done but won't allow me to upload here, I have put the arrears as 2800 not 4200 as thats what it will be at once I have paid the amount and sent it off.

Incomings 2220

Mortgage 560

Council Tax 110

Buildings/Contents 69

Life insurance joint 87

Water rates 55

Gas 45

Electricity 55

Telephone 20

Food and house keeping 300

Tv licence 25

Travel 50

Petrol 20

Car insurance 70 Total 1467.00

Balance owed 2800

Remaining funds 733

Suggested amount 700

With my offer of 700 and my in comings and out goings it leaves me with 33 left a month.

Could you let me know when you have a draft of the letter, I really do appreciate it, I am not burying my head in the sand, I am going to try to get it all, will be 800 short with octobers mortgage payment, and just 1400 of the 2225 they require, which I may possibly be able to get, but I will send the letter you suggest I do in case I can't.

Is the mortgage only in your name or joint ?

Hi Rachel,

Can you email the budget sheet to me at [email protected] (there is no space between the c and o). I have almost finished your letter, but given the amount of arrears I think you would be better to pay £1,000 + the normal monthly payment tomorrow and then offer £500 per month to clear the arrears (this will clear them in 6 months) and allow for the expense of Christmas and any other unforeseen expenditure. What do you think ? If you went to court the judge would think that £500 is more than adequate for the amount of arrears you have, and the lender would be foolish not to accept that offer.

Forgot to ask - do you have any dependent children living at home?

• Haha 1

Hi Rachel,

Can you email the budget sheet to me at [email protected] (there is no space between the c and o). I have almost finished your letter, but given the amount of arrears I think you would be better to pay £1,000 + the normal monthly payment tomorrow and then offer £500 per month to clear the arrears (this will clear them in 6 months) and allow for the expense of Christmas and any other unforeseen expenditure. What do you think ? If you went to court the judge would think that £500 is more than adequate for the amount of arrears you have, and the lender would be foolish not to accept that offer.

Forgot to ask - do you have any dependent children living at home?

Hi, I contacted eversheds with my suggestion of the higher amount, they went back to santander to ask of any movement was possible who have come back and said no, so pretty sure there isn't any point, what with my mortgage payment being due Monday too and what I have ill be 800 off which they'll need by the 4th so I think my only option is to fin he short fall of 800 by then

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean - are you paying £1000 tomorrow and your instalment on Monday?

You need to get a letter off to them (I've nearly finished it, but need to know exactly what you intend to pay and when) - once they see you mean to take it before a judge I'm sure they will change their mind