Yodel courier non deliverance.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there,

I am looking for some advice on what I can do about Yodel a courier service having my parcel 'Disappear'

To elaborate I ordered a few items from BodyBuild.com which is an American based company and

they had said it should be delivered in 4-10 days something along those lines and gave me tracking details instantly very efficient service.

After a few days I was tracking my parcel through DHL as they had the parcel to see it was moving it's way throughout the States and

finally was brought into the Uk and delivered to a Southampton service centre.

From there Yodel took over, here's where it all goes wrong.

I take the morning off of work to receive my parcel, no drama I can do that easily,

but to my astonishment the tracking had said that the parcel had been delivered at 10am.

I had no knock, no card nor did my dogs even bark which is exactly what they do when the front door is knocked on.

Nothing,

I thought it's maybe the driver sending it through to say it's 'en route.

I left it a few more hours, still nothing.

My neighbours are a friendly bunch and the second they get a parcel of ours they always bring it over but neither of them had,

and I still hadn't even received a card explaining where my parcel has gone,

I contacted Yodel's 24/7 chat service asking them where it was and

they claimed it was signed for and delivered which shocked me instantly as I still didn't have my parcel yet,

somehow it's been signed for.

Instantly I was advised to contact Bodybuild to dispute the delivery and again helpful as ever said that they would process a claim/ lost parcel investigation

to find out where indeed my parcel has gone.

This all happened on the 11th of October,

I know it's only been a week but still the parcel was fairly expensive so it's annoying to say the least.

after this week I had some advice from a friend who's a very knowledgeable businessman and knows literally everything about anything to do with business,

and he said I should request to see the signature that's attached to the delivery as then I can confirm it's not mine

and they would have it stored electronically

I thought that this would be straight forward 24/7 chat ask them to see it yet, I'm not allowed.

No matter how I asked for what reason they kept blocking me saying I would have to contact the supplier who wouldn't even have my signature.

As they didn't directly send the package. and after a good 30 mins questioning how it went missing between Southampton and Basingstoke

the woman on the other end presumably became as impatient and hostile as I was so she kept repeating the same things over and over

being extra blunt to try and get me to stop hassling them.

I was wondering what I can do as a consumer that has fell prey to such negligence, as it's pathetic really.

Personally I believe the driver has signed for it themselves it's all too easy for them to get away with it

but what can I do to help my case?

how can I get what's mine and am i entitled to anything because of the sheer lack of customer service and poor business service?

Thanks for any help

Sam

Edit ** I don't see why it would be so difficult to see what my signature is. Surely under data protection act they cannot transfer that data to anyone else without my consent but I'm asking for something that should be legally my signature on a legal document of delivery. Yet, I would have to jump through hoops and protocol to get it which I find rather ridiculous that I cannot directly be sent what should be my own signature to find out whom may have signed for it.

Yodel are an appalling outfit. I booked and prepaid for them to collect a parcel for me from Lancaster to be delivered to High Wycombe. On the phone promises were made about the collection and delivery and I even received a tracking number. Yet the item was not collected not once, not twice - never. Anyway I cancelled and got another courier to collect and had a merry go round getting my money back. They eventually repaid me after a letter before action.

My recommendation is don't use them.

In your case I would threaten the Small Claims Court and carry out your threat if they fail to compensate you. These clowns need to provide the services they are paid for not try to fob one off. Let them prove they delivered the the package and stop them from trying to put the onus on you.

sadly it well known that yodel either 'lose' the parcel to 'theft' of various kinds

[internal & external]

or simple throw the parcel in the bushes and squiggle In the box on the machine.

just type in yodel in our search top right.

if you paid by card you could use section 75 claim against the card company whom are equally responsible

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have heard alot of bad by them a family friend of mine had sony vaio go 'missing' before so it doesn't surprise me that this could happen, and I wish I didn't have to use them but its whom DHL had passed the parcel onto so it was way out of my control I ordered online via 1 store and it was transferred between couriers. I shall be contacting both the supplier and yodel again this evening despite it being my birthday celebrations weekend which is just more hassle on my part.

The parcel we're talking about was a £75 box of goods, okay it might not seem like that much but to me, being stripped for cash as it is, it was a big deal ordering it and now it's worse because I'm out of pocket with nothing to show for it.

As for small claims court wouldn't that be far more hassle than it's worth? I've never really experienced anything like this so I'm a bit out of my depth so the help you're giving me is fantastic. But I digressed from the fact that wouldn't it cost more money to take them to court than the parcel was? I do intend to write to them formally via letter or E-mail but for now I just want straight forward and quick response from them on their chat service which is ran by uneducated morons by the way I've been treated.

And about the card company how could they help in this ordeal as all they did was transfer payment, I still want my parcel. Infact I need it! but what could they do to help my cause? Would they push for a refund or a like the supplier launch an investigation?

Again in advance thank you for any help

Sam

debit or credit card

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had the same problem.

Bought 2 pairs of same trainers but different sizes at the same time over the phone with Littlewoods.

however we received 1 but not the other and

when tracking it online they both say signed for.

I phoned them up and they confirmed this

I advised they are wrong and we haven't received it

they also advised they were with the same driver at the same time.

They said they'll look into it and a few hours later they knocked on the door and there they were it was the same driver I gave her a peice of my mind.

She gave me the trainers and walked off without me signing for them.

I think they're a disgrace. there's a big facebook group about them with over a million likes.