Credit Resource Soloutions -telephone harassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3813 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This co has been ringing roughly 2-3 times a day for about a fortnight.

Only one of them calls actually had a human at the other end, all the others were an automated service.

They use two diff nos (i have caller i.d. and have saved one in my phone under 'do not answer this call')

They are after my husband and i do not believe that they have our home address and I do not want to give it to them.

My husband rang them yesterday and they wanted to confirm his address

but he said he would not due to the fact he didn't know who they were

and that they could be easily be an identity thief so

he asked that they tell him what address they have and he will say if it correct or not.

She couldn't do this and because he wouldn't provide this she couldn;t state what the call was about

so he told her to write to us only and if they cannot then tough as we wouldn't be ringing them again.

I have written a telephone harassment letter to them last week yet they still hound me.

We have a DMP which we have had for over three years and every debt is inc in it.

what do we do now as the constant ringing is driving me nutts

as sometimes it at about 7pm when my twins are in bed

- resulting in waking them up!

Edited by dementedmummy

We have a template section here with C&D letters for Harrassment

CRS are another one of the Yorkshire Bunch ^__^ Just send them the letter with very little info saying that the number they ring must stop being rung and you will only deal with them in writing.

At that point, dont sign the letter, only type out the Name and then send it off first class...

Then wait and see.. That way youll know if they have the address.

While we dont condone debt avoidance, could i ask what its for? We can help you here

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I have already sent them a letter askin them to stop ringing.

And with regard to the debt...pass.

I haven't a clue what it is for.

They won't tell us as we won't give them our address a I don't think they have it.

All our debts are managed with step change.

the op has already sent the harassment letter.........

p'haps its not landed on the right desk yet.

who is your DMP with

I hope its not a fee paying one?

are all the debts in the plan showing on the relevant credit files for you too?

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Stepchange... thats a great start!! :)

why not check with Stepchange to see if CRS are one of the Creditors (Although they wont be a physical creditor... They will be listed as a point of contact)

If so then refer them to Stepchange. However speak to Stepchange, they offer wonderful advice and because they are helping you guys already they can do more than we can here :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Stepchange... thats a great start!! :)

why not check with Stepchange to see if CRS are one of the Creditors (Although they wont be a physical creditor... They will be listed as a point of contact)

If so then refer them to Stepchange. However speak to Stepchange, they offer wonderful advice and because they are helping you guys already they can do more than we can here :)

Thanks will ring them. They've rang three times already today. I just ignore the call.

Why don't you actually answer the call, go through the security questions and then ask what the account pertains to?

Its possible that one of your accounts in the DMP have passed on the account as you werent making a large enough payment

to justify them managing the account anymore and they sold it on.

Answer the security questions and see what the debt is about,

if its one of the ones in the plan give them your Debt management companies reference number

and ask for a statement to be sent out to yourself to forward onto the debt management company.

ask for a hold on the account while this is dealt with and go from there.

Due to the Data protection act they can't give out any of your personal details even if they believe it is the correct person they are speaking to.

They will usually ask 3/4 security questions such as full name,

First line of address,

post code and date of birth.

After answering these questions they can openly discuss everything about the account.

we don't recommend that as its probably a phishing attempt to get more money

if SC are managing the OP's debt, then they should be noted by the creditor as being the point of contact.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

we don't recommend that as its probably a phishing attempt to get more money

if SC are managing the OP's debt, then they should be noted by the creditor as being the point of contact.

Why do you think it would be a phishing [problem]?

Why would a debt collection agency with thousands of accounts risk its license over 1 account? They wouldn't.

The lending standards board are starting to roll out a new compliance regulation that all banks and debt collection agencies must abide by.

They are handed debt or buy debt from another company/client, that company/client would not pass the debt to an agency that wasnt abiding by the lending standards board

otherwise they would face fines of up to £3million and losing their rights to lend.

The best way to deal with a debt collection agency is to just answer the phone or call in and go through the security questions

and discuss what debt it is that they have been passed.

Also with this new lending standards code if you advise them that you are dealing with a debt management company

then the debt collection agency cannot by pass the third party.

Provided you give details as to your debt management reference number and forward correspondence onto your debt management company.

Debt collection agencies are handed a blank canvas debt,

they have no information prior to them being handed it so they don't know your situation

or if you were even making payments before hand.

Just call them up and speak to them,

none of this "do everything in writing" BS,

debt collection agencies work like call centres,

they receive your letter,

work through it and action anything that needs to be actioned,

then send a "letter received please call" response.

Why do you think it would be a phishing [problem]? Why would a debt collection agency with thousands of accounts risk its license over 1 account? They wouldn't. The lending standards board are starting to roll out a new compliance regulation that all banks and debt collection agencies must abide by. They are handed debt or buy debt from another company/client, that company/client would not pass the debt to an agency that wasnt abiding by the lending standards board otherwise they would face fines of up to £3million and losing their rights to lend.

The best way to deal with a debt collection agency is to just answer the phone or call in and go through the security questions and discuss what debt it is that they have been passed. Also with this new lending standards code if you advise them that you are dealing with a debt management company then the debt collection agency cannot by pass the third party. Provided you give details as to your debt management reference number and forward correspondence onto your debt management company.

Debt collection agencies are handed a blank canvas debt, they have no information prior to them being handed it so they don't know your situation or if you were even making payments before hand. Just call them up and speak to them, none of this "do everything in writing" BS, debt collection agencies work like call centres, they receive your letter, work through it and action anything that needs to be actioned, then send a "letter received please call" response.

Hi Nate... Is it a boring Saturday afternoon for you guys at all???

It must be if your commenting with that on something like this! :p

Edited by fkofilee

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

we must hurting their pockets....

Lending standards board, what piffle, doesn't exist.

oh we only have a blank canvas debt ... yea ok, withno deatails..yes ok.

you'd still take the money over the phone though if you spoofed whom you are ringing in to it, to gain your commission wouldn't you!!

oh how sad we've not got any debt details...are another nice pocketed profit to send out 1000'000's more threat-o-grams

never ever ever talk to a dca on the phone

writing ONLY.

and they

we must hurting their pockets....

Lending standards board, what piffle, doesn't exist.

oh we only have a blank canvas debt ... yea ok, withno deatails..yes ok.

you'd still take the money over the phone though if you spoofed whom you are ringing in to it, to gain your commission wouldn't you!!

oh how sad we've not got any debt details...are another nice pocketed profit to send out 1000'000's more threat-o-grams

never ever ever talk to a dca on the phone

writing ONLY.

DX

I'm currently ROFL...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Debt collection agencies are handed a blank canvas debt,

We already know that DCAs don't bother with anything like due diligence when identifying debtors, and often pursue the wrong people.

they have no information prior to them being handed it so they don't know your situation

or if you were even making payments before hand.

That is entirely their problem.

Just call them up and speak to them,

none of this "do everything in writing" BS,

'Everything in writing' means that there is a paper evidence trail, and prevents DCA staff indulging in non-compliant behaviour, because they are badly trained, greedy for commission, or both.

debt collection agencies work like call centres,

they receive your letter,

work through it and action anything that needs to be actioned,

then send a "letter received please call" response.

Quite clearly a business model that relies on drones operating in this way will clash with regulations requiring better compliance, but the debt industry never learns.

Only the weak-minded would fall for the DCA bullsh1t. I suspect, Nateshot3, that these aren't the forums you're looking for; move along....