paying back overpayment a big increase

actonjon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all paying back 5 per week as agreed 3 yrs ago now want 18 per week can they do this letter late so starting from monday
If you could post more details please.

What is the over payment for/which benefit and so on.

People on CAG will be able to advise you better !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

General advice:

If it increases or puts you in to financial hardship, then no. If there has been no significant increase in your income over the last three years, write to them and tell them that you can not accept their demand.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

its was dla overpayment no increase in my household still on benifet esa support so annoyed that is stopping on monday a lot of money

How much is the over payment for !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

How much is the over payment for !

well mind phoned them will take what i can afford will review me in 6 months thank u all ps got a fast payment on fri 18 th payment should be 21 st why i wonder never had a fast payment b4

well mind phoned them will take what i can afford will review me in 6 months thank u all ps got a fast payment on fri 18 th payment should be 21 st why i wonder never had a fast payment b4

How on earth did you manage to pull that one?

My wife has an overpayment of benefit going back 15 years or so. The amount that they have come up with is just over £350.

She had a letter, similar to yours, stating that deductions from her State Pension will start in 2 days time!! They were demanding approx. 1/3rd of her pension off her (£23 a week out of her pension of £69).

By the time we got round to reading the letter, they had already taken £92 from her 4 weekly payment.

I telephoned them to complain that they had not given us much time to appeal. They refused to accept what I offered (£15 a week) and said that they were well within their rights to take a third. Being told that I had to accept the £23.

The debt relates to Child Allowance???? that we continued to receive even though we had told them at the time that the children had left full time education.

had to send all outgoings etc they ie mind fought with them they were quite rude about the whole lot

Ah thanks, that answers it then. They did mention that to my wife to do but to be honest we decided that in view of how demanding they were and that if we had have sent that info in, there would have been no way that they would have reduced the figure. We do have more than £23 a week spare money coming in.

its was dla overpayment no increase in my household still on benifet esa support so annoyed that is stopping on monday a lot of money

So how much is the Total amount of over payment you have to pay back !