buyers had survey done on house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just a little advice please,

we are currently in the middle of selling our house which we had valued at 140, 000

from when it went on we had a viewer every week

we dropped the price to 135000 as we wanted a quick sale after finding our dream home.

We currently have a buyer who knocked us down to 130000 and also asked us to pay half their stamp duty

which we agreed to as we didn't want to loose the buyer or our dream home.

They have now had a home buyers survey done which has told them that our house needs a new front door and frame ??

Guttering needs replacing and our conservatory needs replacing or knocking down.

The buyer has been to see the house twice before they offered and I do agree the guttering needs replacing

and also the conservatory ( wooden frame single payne ) Needs the frames and roof replacing and this is clearly visible.

But considering I have already been knocked down over 5000 and I cannot go any lower as we would not be able to purchase the house we want.

Does this make me sound unreasonable not budging on price as my thinking is the buyer seen the house twice before offering and haggled us down quite some.

Stand up for the little man !

Dont take no for a final answer until every nook and cranny has been explored :wink:

There are a few ways to look at this the survey has cost the buyer money so they are committed in a way

Surveyors are jack of all trades and masters of none

The last house I sold the survey took a full day costing my buyer in excess of £1000 the report stated many things one thing was the whole place needed re wire

He came to Thet conclusion as there was a cable in the loft with insulation tape around it was just laying there it been used to pull the new cables through when I had a re wire a few years prior

Sold it to someone else and got another house with better potential so all worked out in the end

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Having moved a few times, I have found it is better to advise the "potential" buyer that you are willing to negotiate price AFTER the survey has been done. Sadly you have a choice, either you succumb to the blackmail of them withdrawing or you just say, sorry.. no deal.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is just a buyers con designed to get the price down even further. They are told by the survey the condition of the house and what needs doing, it is then on the statement of that survey that they decide to buy or not.

None of the faults are negotiable and I honestly would tell them 130 or it goes back on the market.

You might have found your dream home and I expect you have mentioned something to them so they are taking advantage knowing you are practically desperate to sell, don't do it, there are plenty of 'dream homes' around, don't be conned in a market that is demanding higher prices not lower.

If they want a perfect house, go tell them to buy a new one.

Why does the guttering need replacing, is it leaking? If not, then it is just cosmetic and a desirable thing to have but not your problem.

You might find that if you do all the work they say they want before they will buy and also knock you down to a silly price that they could even be property dealers and will just put it back on the market at an even higher price than you were asking originally.

Edited by Conniff

There is no "reasonable" with these things, it is just what each side is willing to pay. If you aren't willing to drop the price below 130 that is perfectly fine, just tell that to the buyer.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Tell them to get lost.

They will call you back within 24 hours and re-offer the £130k.

At that point you tell them that you've had another offer for £135k and they will be forced to go higher.

It's a cat and mouse game where the least desperate to buy/sell wins all the time.

They've felt that you are keen to sell quickly and wanna mug you off.

So I suggest you respond with same weapons, after all if they don't buy they would be a grand or so worst off because they had the survey done.

Stand your ground!