Judgement Enforcement Question

senescence
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help - I'm getting mixed messages at the moment. I've recently won a default judgement through the County Court against a loan company for over £5,000. My claim was based on an unfair relationship as defined by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Does this mean the judgment is regulated under the CCA? If it does then I have to use a County Court Bailiff - if not I'd like to use a High Court Enforcement Officer. The High Court Enforcement Officer suggested I can use them as I'm not a business and therefore not regulated under CCA - but I'm not entirely sure I believe that. Anyone got any ideas? I think I'll just go down the County Court Bailiff route and let them reject but I'm eager to make the right move and get things going. Thanks.

I don't see why the judgment would be regulated by the CCA. You are not a lender and you do not have a credit license, and the loan company is not a consumer. I would go ahead and instruct HCEOs.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS