Vodafone top up debacle! PAYG. ** Satisfactorily concluded **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank goodness this isn't my personal mobile provider as I wouldn't have lasted a day with it!!

This is a mobile provided to me for my voluntary work, and every single time I use the antiquated top up abacus system on the net, it always always fails, even trying to ring the non existent 'customer care' team is fraught with inaccessible hoops and hurdles 'press 1' press 3' spin round and touch your left knee, oops, something went wrong, press hash to go back to the beginning and start all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad2::mad2:

Angry, YES. Irritated, your damn right! Recommend you, NEVER!! Only to my enemies.

All I need to do is top up my mobile using my credit card on your out of date system, and obtain a receipt so I am able to claim back my expenses, on two separate occasion, today being the latest, your system has failed to give me a receipt, in fact it doesn't even give me the option of getting a receipt.

The last one being a top up of £10, but todays was for £15 and I'm not prepared to let this one go.

How in gods name do I get a receipt out of your company?

And why in all that is holy, is your system so antiquated? Do you only employ computers? I want someone to speak to on the end of the phone, not a computer!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

BB, instructions for contacting the web team in the link below. Send an email to the dedicated email address, receive a reference number, scoot back here and post it on your thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2012**&p=3683706&viewfull=1#post3683706

You could also send an S.O.S to Lee Vodafone Company Rep and he will look in on you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks CB, was venting more than anything, I have emailed Voda already and they have responded wanting more info, so sent that today, will update as and when.... cheers! :thumb:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Excellent, please let us know how you get on :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Bazooka Boo,

Thanks for making me aware of your frustrations.

Having done a little digging my understanding is that we currently don't issue receipts for online Top ups via email.

However, you should get a text message confirming the amount topped up.

If the message isn’t sufficient for your employers, you could screenshot it and send it to them as an email.

In regard to your email to us, could you let me know your reference number from our automated reply as I don't recall coming across it?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Hi Bazooka Boo,

Thanks for making me aware of your frustrations.

Having done a little digging my understanding is that we currently don't issue receipts for online Top ups via email.

However, you should get a text message confirming the amount topped up.

If the message isn’t sufficient for your employers, you could screenshot it and send it to them as an email.

In regard to your email to us, could you let me know your reference number from our automated reply as I don't recall coming across it?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Dear Lee, just playing devil's advocate:

Do you bar business customers (who are VAT registered) from PAYG (or e-mail topups on PAYG)?

If not, and they request a VAT invoice / receipt, how do Voda comply with the obligations stated by HMRC?

"If you are registered for VAT you must give any VAT-registered customers a

VAT invoice for any standard-rated or reduced-rated goods or services you sell

them.

If you are a retailer, you do not need to issue a VAT invoice or receipt

unless your customer asks for one.

As a VAT-registered supplier, you may be liable to a fine if you do not issue

a VAT invoice for a supply you have made when asked to do so by a VAT-registered

customer."

Taken from : http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/charging/vat-invoices.htm

Edited by citizenB
restored quote boxes

Many thanks Lee.

I had an email from James today requesting my SIM number (sent in return)

And yes he said pretty much the same, that top ups via email don't enable receipts to be printed, so I should go to a store or shop in future to obtain receipts, which I will now do in future.

The number I believe is

Hopefully he will be able to pull off a receipt or screenshot and email it to me with the info I gave him, as I have to send a receipt in to the department who deal with the reimbursements doing a screen shot off my moby will be difficult, but now that I am aware that inet top ups won't do, I will go to a shop and buy a voucher.

Many thanks Lee!

At least you know what the situation is - hopefully you can get a receipt for this particular payment :)

BCOBS

Dear Lee, just playing devil's advocate:

Do you bar business customers (who are VAT registered) from PAYG (or e-mail topups on PAYG)?

If not, and they request a VAT invoice / receipt, how do Voda comply with the obligations stated by HMRC?

Taken from : http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/charging/vat-invoices.htm

Hi BazzaS,

We don't restrict business customers from purchasing PAYG phones or Top ups from us.

In regard to the HMRC side of things I've raised this with the relevant team for them to look into further.

Many thanks Lee.

I had an email from James today requesting my SIM number (sent in return)

And yes he said pretty much the same, that top ups via email don't enable receipts to be printed, so I should go to a store or shop in future to obtain receipts, which I will now do in future.

The number I believe is

Hopefully he will be able to pull off a receipt or screenshot and email it to me with the info I gave him, as I have to send a receipt in to the department who deal with the reimbursements doing a screen shot off my moby will be difficult, but now that I am aware that inet top ups won't do, I will go to a shop and buy a voucher.

Many thanks Lee!

Hi Bazooka Boo,

I've just checked that reference and can see that James replied to you again earlier in the week.

If you need any further help just let me know.

Hi lee im sorry for posting here but for some reason the send private message function on here is not working.Any updates on my problems with vodafone and DRS .thanks.john

Hi John,

Thanks for your time on the phone on Tuesday.

Should you need any further assistance from me you know where I am.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Is this resolved now BB ? If so, I will amend thread title to reflect this :)

BCOBS

Yes my apologies, all sorted, email received stating that I did top up mobile...

Excellent, will amend title :)

BCOBS