• Tweets

• Hmm yes I see your point about proof of postage but nonetheless... "A Notice to Keeper can be served by ordinary post and the Protection of Freedoms Act requires that the Notice, to be valid,  must be delivered either (Where a notice to driver (parking ticket) has been served) Not earlier than 28 days after, nor more than 56 days after, the service of that notice to driver; or (Where no notice to driver has been served (e.g ANPR is used)) Not later than 14 days after the vehicle was parked A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales." My question there is really what might constitute proof? Since you say the issue of delivery is a common one I suppose that no satisfactory answer has been established or you would probably have told me.
    • I would stand your ground and go for the interest. Even if the interest is not awarded you will get the judgement and the worst that might happen is that you won't get your claim fee.  However, it is almost inevitable that you will get the interest.  It is correct that it is at the discretion of the judge but the discretion is almost always exercised in favour of the claimant in these cases.  I think you should stand your ground and don't give even the slightest penny away Another judgement against them on this issue would be very bad for them and they would be really stupid to risk it but if they did, it would cost them far more than the interest they are trying to save which they will most likely have to pay anyway
    • Yep, true to form, they are happy to just save a couple of quid... They invariably lose in court, so to them, that's a win. 😅
    • Your concern regarding the 14 days delivery is a common one. Not been on the forum that long, but I don't think the following thought has ever been challenged. My view is that they should have proof of when it was posted, not when they "issued", or printed it. Of course, they would never show any proof of postage, unless it went to court. Private parking companies are simply after money, and will just keep sending ever more threatening letters to intimidate you into paying up. It's not been mentioned yet, but DO NOT APPEAL! You could inadvertently give up useful legal protection and they will refuse any appeal, because they're just after the cash...  
    • The sign says "Parking conditions apply 24/7". Mind you, that's after a huge wall of text. The whole thing is massively confusing.  Goodness knows what you're meant to do if you spend only a fiver in Iceland or you stay a few minutes over the hour there.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

My sad and dissapointing news about my banking industry experianes to-date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Coniff and fletch70

Let me answer these 'touchy' replies.......

1 have made it very clear from the outset that I will only give details when I'm good and ready, and not before.

If you find this gets up your nose then leave the thread alone and go elsewhere on the site - there is plenty to deal with - so don't waste your time.

Your comments are a little annoying and tend to be destructive and engender the wrong feelings on the thread.

The answer is simple - do as coniff wishes un- subsubscribe - problem solved for coniff - but knowing human nature as I do - none of us can resist taking a peek just to see how things are - human survival instinct at its best !!!

It is this facet of my claim handling successes (yet to be disclosed) that is so lacking on the site - and of course miles and miles and miles of smiles.:-)

Suggesing the thread be removed is somewhat un-helpful .

Why - well it is simple - I will not be re-posting - which frees up my time. :-)

Can you remember what finally happened to the town of Hamlyn when the Pied Piper left ?:-)

This thread serves a real purpose and if the Site Team wish to take it down - no problem for me at all - see my second post !! :-)

There is a price for everything - in this case, just depends on individuals level of patience,.:-) :-)

This site/forum/thread is about how to deal with complaints and the best way to handle them when 'wound up' by the issues you are trying to resolve:-)

That is very important to remember, so please reflect on what you are saying and doing, not for yourself, but other caggers who may want to learn what I have to offer !!! :-)

NNWW :-) :-)

Edited by NodNodWinkWink

WANT TO GIVE YOURSELF A REAL CHANCE OF ACHIEVING THE RIGHT RESULT WHEN MAKING COMPLAINTS? OR GIVNG CONTRACTURAL INSTRUCTIONS ? OVER THE TELEPHONE ? THEN RECORD THOSE CALLS FROM TODAY !! FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED !!:-):-)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who ever suggested taking it down?

If you genuinely wanted to help other people you would not be playing such childish games instead of alluding to ways of beating the system, just as you did the last time you posted over a year ago.

If you genuinely wanted to help people you would be here all the time or at least on a regular basis . If I were cynical I would say you were recently unemployed and had to move but perish the thought at me being cynical

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Hi fletch70 Those were interesting unreal comments to be sure :-) :-)

I'm glad we are all so different :-) :-).

You are clearly full of bile and anger, - why is that ? :-):-)

From my perspective you are losing your self control over absolutely nothing !!! :-):-)

My judgement is you have lost the whole point of the thread !! :-)

What are you are on ? Curry ? Chocolate ? :-)

Just lighten up, and smile - it all helps the day go by more smoothly !!! :-) :-)

NNWW :-)

WANT TO GIVE YOURSELF A REAL CHANCE OF ACHIEVING THE RIGHT RESULT WHEN MAKING COMPLAINTS? OR GIVNG CONTRACTURAL INSTRUCTIONS ? OVER THE TELEPHONE ? THEN RECORD THOSE CALLS FROM TODAY !! FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED !!:-):-)

mmm curry, chocolate maybe you do know me...though I don't eat both at the same time.

It will take me a long time to lighten up (too much curry) but I often smile and yes the curry can bring the bile up.

fletch70

Brilliant response....

Witty..........

Clever .........

Above all lighthearted :-) :-) :-)

Now you know, what I say, makes some sense !! :-) :-) :-)

Hi "V i e w e r s"

End of week " U p D a t e"

Firstly, I am as impatient as yourselves to get my info out on the Forum via this Thread.

Today and Yesterday has been a Claimants dream - but as you gather - I just cannot trust 100% the CAG site for the latent "Industry" moles !!!

You have all been patient to date, and that is very much appreciated. :-) :-):-)

There is no point in divulging information too soon - best to wait for the right moment.

I am so looking forward to "Lifting the veil" on my Bank experiences - probably much more than yourselves !!!!

In the meantime - stay happy and cheerful - it helps you deal with your problems, You know that's true :-):-) :-) :-) :-)

"Patience is the game"

NNWW i like that comment on moles on CAG its so true...their is..

keep up the suspense lol.

pj.

e-petition is live please sign it.. unlawful repossessions..!!!

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/56915

Hi there p.j

Wow - your positive attitude and appreciation of reason for this thread and what it is about, is duly accepted and respected.Thank you :-)

It takes some nerve and resolve to stand fast against some members conduct. Well done :-)

Your little comment about keep up the suspence is a 'killer'. Thank you again ! :-)

You will be truly rewarded :-)

As you have gathered, I have from very early on picked up on the negativity of some "members", but will press on regardless :-)

With your pen, you too have shown your flag, brilliant :-)

There is great purpose in taking on the "B a n k e r s" ... oops sorry for the mis-spelling ! :-)

No point in referring to WOT WHO WHEN posting - Clearly an Italian member who speaks latin but lost for words! :-) :-)

He just removed his L a t i n - S i g n a t u r e - Quote - What a shame! ...... But I have enjoyed looking at :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pliny_the_Elder

Edited by NodNodWinkWink

Hi there p.j

Wow - your positive attitude and appreciation of reason for this thread and what it is about, is duly accepted and respected.Thank you :-)

It takes some nerve and resolve to stand fast against some members conduct. Well done :-)

Your little comment about keep up the suspence is a 'killer'. Thank you again ! :-)

You will be truly rewarded :-)

As you have gathered, I have from very early on picked up on the negativity of some "members", but will press on regardless :-)

With your pen, you too have shown your flag, brilliant :-)

There is great purpose in taking on the "B a n k e r s" ... oops sorry for the mis-spelling ! :-)

No point in referring to WOT WHO WHEN posting - Clearly an Italian member who speaks latin but lost for words! :-) :-)

He just removed his L a t i n - S i g n a t u r e - Quote - What a shame! ...... But I have enjoyed looking at :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pliny_the_Elder

HI NNWW

Thank you you will always find negativity where ever you go or someone trying to divert you from your end goal.

there is nothing wrong with a bit of banter and some suspence,i am sure the negativity will be a positive for some who want you to spill the beans and the tune will change so to speak...

keep up the good work am sure all will become clear in the end i shall watch this thread until the can is opened...

pj

e-petition is live please sign it.. unlawful repossessions..!!!

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/56915

Hi

Thanks p.j for above.

Here is my first ESSENTIAL TOOL to protect your financial interests.

For the past 13 years I have always recorded all contractual telephone conversations.

That is contracts held with Water Utilitys, Banks, Insurances, Local & Central Governmnt, Suppliers, Phone, TV licencing and any other organisations to which I contract for a service.

Do you ?

If you Don't then YOU ARE A FOOL TO YOURSELF.

You cannot possibly protect yourself from the Banks behaviour and conduct as highlighted by and listed by caggers throughout CAG.

It cost peanuts to set up and organise Y O U R ---V E R Y---O W N---T E L E L E P H O N E--- R E C O R D I N G ---F A C I L I T Y :-) :-):-)

Without this TOOL you will continually be handicapped when dealing with these lovely BANKS !!

YOUR No. 1 PRIORITY THIS WEEK IS is to get equipped. :-) :-)

DO NOT PUT IF OFF - regardless of your current situattion whether it's a Dispute or Claim situation

START NOW - It will help you so much in resolving problems and issues - because you will have a permanent record of your evidence !!! :-) :-)

AOTHER POLICY I HAVE IS - I DO NOT ORDER anything on-line without having a record of discussions with the Company's Sales Office.

SO - No sales Office - No deal.

I ALWAYS ask for peoples names AND Surnames for my future reference.

BUT I never forget my contract is with the COMPANY not the staff !!

Always address your complaint against the COMPANY unless staff are rude etc

No questions on this subject please, It's so obvious and yet this ESSENTIAL TOOL IS HARDLY USED - SO GET CRACKING ! :-):-)

DO AS I DO - it will be GREAT FOR YOU now and for your future dealings with all Company's !!

It would be nice for me to hear from Caggers who take my advice :-) :-) :-)

Not taking and ACTING on THIS ADVICE means you will continue being frustrated by lack of progress in handling the truth of matters.

NNWW :-):-):-)

Edited by NodNodWinkWink

Personally I do not record telephone calls, I can not afford the equipment to do it. I dd try an app for my android phone but the results were unusable. What I do in dealing with debts and complaints is keep everything in writing, I keep a hard copy as well as a copy on google drive so even if my house burns down AND my pc goes with it I still have a copy

Hi Fletch70

Welcome back :-)

Let's assume you are not a Bankers Mole and that we believe every word you say, could you consider using parchment and quill ? :-):-)

They're eco friendly - no electricity - beetrot juice for ink and topped off with nettle blotting paper !! :-):-)

Voila ! --- The ideal medium to store YOUR records !!:-):-)

But on a serious note - I guess you are back on Lemonade tonight then ?!! :-) :-)

Edited by NodNodWinkWink

How very dare you.lemonade..me dear , lemonade dear , no dear I have never been so insulted!

Have you seen the price of parchment and Beetroot these days not a hope in hell, also can't see a DJ accepting that as evidence .

Of course I never lie..apart from my name which is not of course Fletch , as for being a bankers mole I would happily tunnel under their foundations until the walls come tumbling down

Indeed but once you learn to relax and go with the flow , who knows it could be interesting or a light diversion. I suspect this is someone who knows me , maybe from another forum. If they tell me my favourite tipple and where I enjoy travelling it would confirm lol

Hi All

and fletch70 and new poster BRIGADIER2JCS.

Almost 2000 views Wow !!!! Thank you :-)

This just cannot be bad for those who are really interested in how to deal with the conduct of the Banking Industry. :-)

Just subscribe to the thread as other have done and when I open this can of worms you will be able to pick and choose from the many many different worms inside!!! :-)

DO NOT FORGET TO SET UP A RECORDING SYSTEM - YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE !! AND IT DOES NOT COST AN ARM AND A LEG !! ESPECIALLY IF YOU OWN A PC - HAVE A CHAT WITH YOUR LOCAL COMPUTER GUY IF YOU NEED A LITTLE HELP!! :-):-)

BTW Not sure what the new poster is saying (BRIG....) - perhaps it'S ANOTHER CRYPTIC POST LIKE MINE !!! ?):-)

REGRETFULLY I must press on with my current report (Have you checked out the cost of Parker Ink (QUINK) lately !!! Mind you it befits my pen !!! :-):-)

Keep smiling......:-):-)

NNWW :-):-)

Hi All

Update time

Another week gone already - but please keep smiling - you know it makes sense!! :-)

I received my 4th Debit card this morning following opening another Current Account !!! See Footnote ** - You read it here first - 4 in 19 Months!! :-)

-

If there is any Cagger who has moved through more Banks in less time then congrats to you - well done indeed !! :-):-)

Now since the 5th Nov. I have had a couple of minor setbacks :-)

My "S m a l l - C l a i m" registration, was returned because I required a Form N510 to complete, and on top of that I had made a modification to the Particulrs of Claim that has mistakenly attributed incorrect paragraphs to different Defendants....Boy that was some discovery - but hey, that's life !!! :-):-)

So not my week ...but time and patience and sheer determination will get it sorted... and it'll get better as time unfolds !! :-):-):-)

DO HOPE YOU HAVE SET UP YOUR "T E L E P H O N E - R E C O R D I N G" FACILITIES - it's your evidence provider!!.

LITTLE TIP:-

Sometimes I use my small (I have 2) Olympus digital recorder if PC not switched on.

These each have a Mike plugged into the small socket and do take superb digital sounds from my speaker phone telephone. :-):-)

Do have a nice week - everyone - and do take care.......

** It's with a Building Society - Given real VIP Treatment which included a nice refreshing cup of tea!:-).

Edited by NodNodWinkWink
usual grammer and spelling due to having dyslexic fingers!!

Hi All and Site Admin

This is odd - I want to add advisory comments within my signature facility. :-)

BUT when entering my user profile no signature facility is available ? :-)

Wonder why that is:?-)

Perhaps Site Admin will look into this for me please :-)

Prefer a wee post on this thread - just in case others experiencing same issue :-)

Thanks in anticipation ......

If you click on UserCP then go down the page a little way, on the left is the edit options where you can do the deed

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox1961

Thank you very much for responding so quickly :-):-)

Greatly appreciated :-):-)

Very probably appreciated by a few other caggers too !!:-):-)

100% !!!

Edited by NodNodWinkWink
Usual spelling errors !!!1 :-):-)

Hi fletch70 !!!

So it is likely you have been one of CAGS little naughty boy's then ? :-):-):-)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks