Sarah Wainwright

Data Protection Administrator

GE Money

Trent House

Toll Road

Leeds

LS99 2BD

• Confused 1

I have a ge capital account and have some doubt as to whether they have a signed agreemement

I keep searching the threads - can anyone help with regards to what letter i need

I know it isnt the DPA

HElP

Thnks

Any correspondence should be Addressed as follows....

Sarah Wainwright

GE Money

Data Protection Administrator

PO Box 700

Leeds

LS99 2BD

I have a ge capital account and have some doubt as to whether they have a signed agreemement

I keep searching the threads - can anyone help with regards to what letter i need

I know it isnt the Data Protection Act

HElP

Thnks

Correct its A CCA as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam

I do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company. I require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond further on this matter.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for rolling sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number*******

2. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

3. Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

4. As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

5. Furthermore you are reminded that under s78 sub section (6) whilst the default continues you are not entitled to enforce the agreement in law

Yours faithfully

PS If they don't have a signed agreement then you don't have an account do you

Could someone help me please? Years ago about 5 to be precise we bought some products from 'Currys' now these were taken out on finance, you know the kind, pay back within 6 mths i think it was, if you dont then you pay monthly to GE Capital, this was done at the time with a payment book at the bank/post office. We cannot find any details whatsoever with reagrds to the accounts that we had with them, is the address in leeds the one we would use, could we send them a S.A.R - ( Subject Access Request) for statements, even though we dont know the account, maybe send ID. If anyone could help with we would be very gratefull.

thank you

i had a comet card, tho after so many charges they pass the debt on to a different company cos i couldnt pay, tho im repayin still, a lot of the money money im paying back is late payment charges, do i still do a S.A.R to GE Capital??

I wrote to Sarah Wainwright at the above address but got a call to say it was the "wrong part" of GE Money.

Got a giant pile of statements today and if anyone has a home lending account with them, the address is

Kathy Lampard

Compliance Department

GE Money Home Lending Ltd

Malvern House

Crawley Business Park

Watford

Hers

WD18 8YF

Good luck!

Cx

Kathy Lampard also sent me a pile of statements along with a letter of abreviations, most of which dont apply to the abreviations used on my statements. As she never enclosed contact details including an address on her paperwork, as my initial letter had been redirected from the Redhill office, Surrey. Has anyone else had the same bumph delivered or can they deduce what these abreviations mean listed below.

CQA BRN IAD SAF NGC MSS DFC DFUW RIDSAL PRDBATCH ?

It all looks very obliging when you first recieve the paperwork but when you get down to calculations, the coding alongside the figures is a puzzle as to whats what.

The amount borrowed in 1995 was £2,010.00 following which, payments of £1241.44 were paid, albeit, intermitantly in the end. Nevertheless in 2001 I paid them off and the amount they were paid was £2111.98 most of which was interest added and charges for late payments. This was a secured loan. Im wondering where I stand, bearing in mind the loan began in 1995 although redeemed within the last six years. Any thoughts?

dax if you as a lay person cannot understand the abreviations (lets face it who outside that company would) then they have not complied with your SAR........as any info sent must be understandable by you. Tell them this & that you will report them to the ICO for none compliance..........they know you wont understand & are just trying to be smart a88se88

You know what Jon, irregardless of their silly letters game ive sat up and worked it out anyway. As I see it, I started this in 2006 and now because of them being silly, its 2007, so because we all know they like to add months to lessen our 6 year period of claiming, I wont give them any more time by writing more letters to stall things.

I kept notes of payments so NGC is a payment, DFC and FNL are penalties, so ive just used their terminology for the spreadsheet and they can explain it to the judge if needs be. Either way ive written to them asking for £463 an if it goes to Court it becomes £790.05 with interest so its up to them. If I could claim back the interest charged it would be a lot more, but everyone says 'dont go there'.

Whats interesting though is that the exhaustive list of abreviations sent running to 4 pages, have nothing to do with what theyve used on my statements. Perhaps they just like pretending to be all important and its a bit sad really dont you think..

Hi all

Forgive my ignorance. My husband had a finance arrangement for our car with GE Capital Bank. It finished last year. We got into such a terrible mess, due to the fact that they wouldn't move our payment date, so that each month we were charged for late payments. Is this something we can reclaim? I am persuing a claim for bank charges from my bank, but it has only just occurred to me that we could possibly claim from these people too. Thanks to anyone who replies to this.

All the best.

If they imposed late payment charges then yes you can claim & don't forget to include interest

Also read FAQ's before you start Don't rush in until you have some understanding of the procedure which once you get the hang of it is quite straight forward

Thanks very much indeed JonCris. I have taken on board your advice, and will take my time.

Cheers for the info.

I have had store cards in the past who were with GE Capital. I have since paid off the cards and snipped the cards, and I can't remember which stores they were with or account numbers. I do remember extortionate late payment charges though. Is there a way I can get the details in order to claim back, and does anyone know where I could get the information from?

hi there,

I want to claim back charges which were added to a house of fraser store card. the statement is always payable to GE Capital. what address should I write to for a list of charges?

Hi Snorkerz

Use the Leeds address - GE Money, PO Box 700, Leeds, LS99 2BD

Please fill in your quit date here