Obtaining a backdated copy of company T&Cs

Jb7445
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

A company I purchased from online breached their T&Cs in supplying the order (haven't provided all the details of the breach here as it is fairly longwinded and irrelevant!). I emailed them pointing this out and requesting that they rectify the breach, and at the time took a screenshot of the relevant section of the T&Cs. Stupidly I did not print out or save the entire thing.

They have now come back quoting a section of the T&Cs which I am 100% sure did not exist when I previously looked through them, and which essentially state that what they did was not a breach. It is obvious that they changed them in response to my email. Unfortunately the amended section is not shown on the screenshot I have!

So my question is - is there any way (other than going to court) that I can force them to provide me with a copy of the T&Cs as at the date I entered into a contract with them? If they refuse to do this, is there anyone/any entity that I can contact to help?

Many, many thanks in advance! Please let me know if you need any more info.

Try a search for one of the sites that archive websites, there are a few of them.

Ones like this - http://archive.org/web/ there are also search engines that cache past content.

http://www.cachedpages.com/

Oops, I almost forgot, welcome to the site JB

Edited by Conniff

Thanks so much Conniff, you are an absolute star! I had never heard of website archive sites before (and yes, in case you were wondering, they have changed the T&Cs just in the last few days!)

Sorry, should have been clearer in my message above :) yes, I found them via the first link you provided and yes, they have changed the T&Cs since the last date the website was cached (6 October) so have clearly done this in response to my email to them - will be getting in touch with them again today. Thanks for your help!