Cabot/FIRE Help Please - TSB CC debt 2006

pat5y
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rankines was a long time ago, certainly before Carey.

Anyway, I expect it's the way you present it to a DCA. If they think they could be done for fraud by producing documents they know can't have been the original agreement they may think twice about pursuing it.

As you say, it's good when they give up the ghost. :-)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed it was but i think the judge was quoting the cancellation and copy regulations as was the case in question.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Copy documents are for information purposes only unfortunately and any mistake in content can be remedied by the creditor at any time, that is the problem.

Also as we know any failure to comply does not limit the creditors ability to demand payment , add interest nor does it render the account in dispute.

Many confuse the enforceabilty sanction under the copy regulations with that were available under section 127 they are of course two entirely different things.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Tell you what, I'll carry on doing what I'm doing which has worked for me and helped other people, and you can carry on saying what you think would work or not work. :-)

If a DCA sends me something they say is [my] agreement and it isn't then as far as I'm concerned that's fraud and they are attempting to get money to which they are not entitled.

Tell you what, I'll carry on doing what I'm doing which has worked for me and helped other people, and you can carry on saying what you think would work or not work. :-)

If a DCA sends me something they say is [my] agreement and it isn't then as far as I'm concerned that's fraud and they are attempting to get money to which they are not entitled.

Fraud!!!! :) Golly

If it frightens them off it can only be good. Anyway, if I have said I can prove it, I can. :-) I don't make idle threats.

I'm sure :)

I'm so mixed up now!

I had a payment plan agreed with the TSB and had been paying it for years and still am.

Now Cabot say they have bought this debt, and it shows on my credit file Cabot ,no mention of TSB.

I have been reading on these forums that a debt should not be sold on if there is a payment plan in place,

I don't know if this is correct or not.

I don't know what to do now.

I have already asked for CCA and Cabot says it will take up to 40 days to get it

and I have received a letter today from FIRE saying they will send doorstep Agents out

(This was dated one day before last Cabot letter).

When and if I get the CCA I don't know what to do after that.

I am so stressed with this I need things to be explained simply because my brain is just not functioning properly.

Many Thanks for all the help, and I am sorry for asking for it to be explained because of my frazzled brain.

I'm so mixed up now!

I had a payment plan agreed with the TSB and had been paying it for years and still am. Now Cabot say they have bought this debt, and it shows on my credit file Cabot ,no mention of TSB. I have been reading on these forums that a debt should not be sold on if there is a payment plan in place, I don't know if this is correct or not. I don't know what to do now. I have already asked for CCA and Cabot says it will take up to 40 days to get it and I have received a letter today from FIRE saying they will send doorstep Agents out (This was dated one day before last Cabot letter). When and if I get the CCA I don't know what to do after that. I am so stressed with this I need things to be explained simply because my brain is just not functioning properly.

Many Thanks for all the help, and I am sorry for asking for it to be explained because of my frazzled brain.

Calm down it is not a problem creditors sell accounts with repayment plans in place all the time.

If this was part of a DMP by one of the providers they should automatically have transferred the arrangement but it sounds like the DCA are not aware that one was in place.

Contact them and tell them that you have been paying off the debt and ask them for details so that you can continue the arrangement see what they say, if they are uncooperative come back on here.

Sorry, pat5y, for getting off topic with our discussion about enforceability.

FIRE are part of Cabot so as you have written to Cabot they shouldn't be sending out doorstep collectors. However, if you go to the Library you will find a letter to send to them, and it's worth printing off a copy to hand to anyone who may turn up.

Having said that, I have had countless threats of doorstep collectors and only one ever did turn up - a weedy little old man who went away as soon as I handed him the letter. In nine cases out of 10, maybe even more, they won't be sending a collector and the threat is made to get you to pay up.

They should have been told that an arrangement was in place but either they haven't been, or they are trying to push you to pay more, which debt buyers often do when they take over accounts. They can't make you do that. You can only pay what you can reasonably afford, your repayment plan was accepted, and you have been paying as agreed.

When you eventually get the CCA, if there is one, the next step is to see if it is enforceable and we can advise you on that.

Calm down it is not a problem creditors sell accounts with repayment plans in place all the time.

If this was part of a DMP by one of the providers they should automatically have transferred the arrangement but it sounds like the DCA are not aware that one was in place.

Contact them and tell them that you have been paying off the debt and ask them for details so that you can continue the arrangement see what they say, if they are uncooperative come back on here.

Have to say that I have dealt with many cases like this and all I do is give them a ring and get the payment details, I know that the advice on here is not to ring DCA's but I can only say what works for me and also indecently the professional advice sector. If they do not know you have a repayment arrangement in place they will keep pursuing for the total debt.

Edited by Dodgeball
no longer a professional advisor

I just think people need to remember that requesting copy agreements under a s77/79 request; and challenging the enforceability of an agreement are two completely separate things. A reconstituted agreement may satisfy the information request BUT it would then be down to the debtor to argue that an agreement is irrideemably unenforceable if they have the grounds to do so.

• 1 month later...

I received a letter from Cabot today it said

"Unfortunately Cabot has been unable to provide you with the information you requested.

We shall continue to request the info from the original lender.

we will place your account on hold until we can comply with your request.

Your credit agreement is currently unenforceable which means we are not permitted to obtain a judgement or decree against you in court.

However, you are still obliged to repay the outstanding balance and you should contact us to set up a repayment arrangement or carry on with your existing payment plan."

I currently pay £5 per month by standing order to TSB, and have done for years.

TSB are not listed on my credit file but a cabot default is.

Can anyone advise me on my next course of action?

Thanks

no cca = no pay.

you've been cash cowed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there's probably a default date in the debt summary?

that will be the 6yrs clock start for the debt to vanish from the listing

as such, it does matter what else is put on the file

it sort of cant hurt you

however of course the 6yrs from default date vanish does always mean the debt is not owed

many factors effect that

which are what have already been discussed here..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...