Amount of income support as a carer

arthur7171
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've claimed Income Support as a carer (on carers allowance at £59.75) and was expecting my first payment of IS tomorrow, but have received one today in my bank for £13.01 which seems quite low to me and am not sure how it has been worked out.

Hi Arthur and welcome to CAG

Status Age Weekly payment

Single 16 to 24 £56.80

Single 25 or over £71.70

Lone parent 16 to 17 £56.80

Lone parent 18 or over £71.70

A proportion of your Carers payment is taken from your IS payment.It is classed as income.

https://www.gov.uk/income-support

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You should receive a letter explaining how it's been worked out. The payment you've received may be for a shorter period than your normal payments will be.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Yes. The way to work it out is (numbers approximate):

Single person basic rate: £71; plus

Carer Premium: £30; to give

Applicable amount: £101 per week

Then subtract Carers Allowance: £60 per week

and also subtract any other income, any tariff income for savings;

and finally subtract any other deductions (for example, past benefit overpayments, any child maintenance etc)

to give the final weekly total.

As I said, it's possible that the £13 payment covers a period of much less than a week. IS is paid in arrears on a specified day of the week, and this can lead to odd situations where you would be due a small payment up to your last specified payday, but your next payday hasn't yet arrived.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.