Buying car 60 miles away

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Quick question.

I'm looking at a car from a dealer around 60 miles away. My question is, if it turns out to be fault and the cause of the fault means i cannot return the vehicle to them where do i stand?

Does the dealer have to collect the vehicle?

Would i have to have it recovered back to them?

Would i have it repaired locally?

You can reject it within 7 days. If it breaks down in that time through no fault of your own, then it becomes their problem to collect.

Repairs are also their problem as SOGA covers you completely.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You can reject it within 7 days. If it breaks down in that time through no fault of your own, then it becomes their problem to collect.

Repairs are also their problem as SOGA covers you completely.

So SOGA cover the collection of the car for repair even after 7 days?

SOGA means they have to repair replace or refund. If the car broke down with a serious fault, then the garage should collect. Otherwise you could pay for the tow yourself and invoice them if they refuse to pay. Thats why you should ALWAYS go on a 45 min test drive when you buy a car, and drive on a variety of roads, and preferably a motorway so you can "open up the engine" and give it a good go.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Interesting... i found a local SEAT dealer close to me with used 2006 Seat, which i may go test drive

I called and asked him how much warranty i get with the vehicle. He words were "All used cars come with 30 days warranty, that's how we keep our car prices low."

Tell him soga also covers you as well and warranties are in ADDITION to your legal rights under SOGA.

If they say cash only... stay far far away.