BOS overdraft cancellation. The same old story but even worse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BOS have decided to withdraw their overdraft facility. So nothing new there then.

I was half expecting it,

I have been giving them grief for sometime over their mishandling of my finances.

However I was below the limit and had paid all interest charges, so why is it worse then?

They start gibbering down the phone to me, and it was quite surprised when I was not only ready for battle but quite clued up as well, entirely thanks to this site.

I asked the aforementioned to state exactly when they intended to withdraw the overdraft and he stated that it would be 17/10/13.

I asked to confirm in writing and he did.

This was on the 9th this month.

So much for 28 days warning.

Today a threatogram arrived stating that they intended to withdraw immediately and my overdraft would become 'unauthorised'

and would attract the unacceptable rate of interest that we are all used to battling.

Finally they tried to use this to try to bully me into a loan etc. etc.

My plan is to wait until the default arrives and then use my missing 28 days to start a defence.

When they start with the usual telephone assault, log all the calls and get them for harassment as well.

How am I doing so far?

Have I missed anything obvious.

Kind regards to you all.

Edited by dx100uk
several edits - behave - dx

You're doing great. It really is lovely to see someone stand up to these people who think they are god or something.

Make sure you don't pay 'unauthorised' rates of fees on anything that was included in your authorised overdraft.

BOS have decided to withdraw their overdraft facility. So nothing new there then.

I was half expecting it,

I have been giving them grief for sometime over their mishandling of my finances.

However I was below the limit and had paid all interest charges, so why is it worse then?

They start gibbering down the phone to me, and it was quite surprised when I was not only ready for battle but quite clued up as well, entirely thanks to this site.

I asked the aforementioned to state exactly when they intended to withdraw the overdraft and he stated that it would be 17/10/13.

I asked to confirm in writing and he did.

This was on the 9th this month.

So much for 28 days warning.

Today a threatogram arrived stating that they intended to withdraw immediately and my overdraft would become 'unauthorised'

and would attract the unacceptable rate of interest that we are all used to battling.

Finally they tried to use this to try to bully me into a loan etc. etc.

My plan is to wait until the default arrives and then use my missing 28 days to start a defence.

When they start with the usual telephone assault, log all the calls and get them for harassment as well.

How am I doing so far?

Have I missed anything obvious.

Kind regards to you all.

:thumb: DeRich they must issue a Notice served under Sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA1974 Recall/Termination not a Default Notice and have you set up alternative independent banking facilities?

Isolate the account.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...
thumb.gif DeRich they issue a Notice served under Sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA1974 Recall/Termination not a Default Notice and have you set up alternative independent banking facilities?

Isolate the account.

Regards

Andy

Just received a pay us the lot in 14 days or else threatorgram. Is it worth replying. It does not look too formal, but then nor did the rest of the wastepaper they sent

Edited by DeRichleau
spelling

Not really must be headed " Notice served under Sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA1974"

And usually allows between 21/28 days for your proposals of repayment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So Two letters saying return the money immediately, and we're charging a new rate of interest from now on, does not cut it. The fact that they did not give me 28 days notice of cancellation means that when and if they do issue the demand as you described it will be illegal. Just getting my facts right or not.

Many thanks for your trouble

• 1 month later...

Just revived the thread. Today on New Years Eve IT BEGINS! The first phonecalls. Duely logged and politely rebuffed.

Meanwhile reading through the above posts and kind replies it occurs to me that I have not mentioned that it is a business overdraft. Iassume it is subject to the same 28 day rule and CCA default as any other overdraft . Before all this blew up I have retired, and just kept the account on because it was convenient, however I will not be bullied by phone calls or threatograms, bearing in mind I have always maintained the acct. in a correct manner paying all charges.

When this blew up I sent a request that all standing orders and DD's be cancelled. They confirmed in writing then proceeded to try and pay various items anyway. result illegal charges. They appear to have shot themselves in the foot. If anybody has info re- business overdrafts and has the time to reply I would appreciate it

Happy New Year to you all