Being chased by Mackenzie Hall

suvvers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, after a bit of advice and hopefully confirmation of what I believe.

I took out a couple of loans with Welcome Finance.

..one a car loan one a personal loan.

I'm not sure of the exact time I took them out but at best guess it would have been 2001 or 2002.

Not long after I ran into trouble and couldn't afford the repayments.

I made an agreement with Welcome to pay £10 per week on each of the loans which they accepted.

In 2004 I moved house.

In August 2006, I changed my bank account.

Having had the conversation with Welcome before, I knew that the only way they would change the Direct Debit

was if they sent me a new Direct Debit mandate by post and I sent it back.

I wrote to Welcome from my new address informing them that I had changed my bank account

and I needed new DD mandates to continue making my agreed payments.

I heard nothing.

In September of 2006 I wrote to them again to inform them that my old bank account was being closed

and that if they didn't send me a new DD mandate the repayments would stop.

Again, I heard nothing.

Fast forward to around 2011 (ish) I got a phone call out of the blue asking if I was this account holder

and I fobbed them off and never heard anything again from them.

Then in early 2012,

I started getting letters from MKDP demanding that I pay up for these loans which I chose to ignore

as I figured that come September 2012 it would be statute barred and they'd no longer be able to chase me.

They eventually gave up.

Now, this year,

MacKenzie Hall have started chasing me for this debt by post and I think by phone (I have caller ID and don't answer calls from witheld numbers

or numbers I don't recognise).

So far I've sent the letters back labelled "Not at this address".

It's now October 2013 and I'm pretty certain the last payment to Welcome would have been late August or early September 2006

so am I right in thinking that this debt is now statute barred and MacKenzie Hall or anybody else can no longer chase me for it

- even despite the threats of court action and bailiffs?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Send the sb letter. It sounds as if its well sb.

Bailiffs wont become involved and if it went to court, sb is an absolute defence

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sounds like it to me too.

Bear in mind that won't stop chasing you until you tell them that the debt is SB and that you will not be paying anything.

Even then they may still try it on but as has been said, SB is an absolute defence to any court action.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

One last question regarding this.

...when should this be erased from my credit history?

Will it appear for six years after I tell them it's statute barred or should it have been removed six years after I originally defaulted on it?

And can McKenzie Hall or any of their other various debt collecting aliases add it to my credit history as being either active, in arrears, defaulted or statute barred?

It is 6 years from the date of entry. It has nothing to do with SB date. An account can only be entered once. Once it expires from your Credit file, its gone and cant be put back on. The debt still exists, but it cant be reported to the CRA's anymore.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

6yrs defaulted date.

might be an idea to SAR welcome

if you've PPI you can get it back!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...