Received ticket at hospital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well done, i've recently received a PCN when my p&d ticket expired in a hospital car park, whilst my wife was in labor. I'm just researching ways to fight it now and what I have read so far is encouraging. keep up the good work!

Wishing you all the best Mr Happy.

First step in my opinion would be to find out if the Hospital car park is privatly run or operated by a local authority.

If it is privatly run, I dont think it is enforcable. The more experienced members of this site I am sure will be able to tell you

If it is LA my first step would be to appeal and plead mitigating crcumstances.

How are you supposed to know how long the labor is going to take. With the birth of my son it was a nightmare I kept having to run back up and down to sort the car out when frankly I had more important things on my mind like trying to support my wife.

Wishing you all the best Mr Happy.

First step in my opinion would be to find out if the Hospital car park is privatly run or operated by a local authority.

If it is privatly run, I dont think it is enforcable. The more experienced members of this site I am sure will be able to tell you

If it is LA my first step would be to appeal and plead mitigating crcumstances.

How are you supposed to know how long the labor is going to take. With the birth of my son it was a nightmare I kept having to run back up and down to sort the car out when frankly I had more important things on my mind like trying to support my wife.

I had three expired tickets on the dashboard already. I am more than prepared to go all the way, they are a private company which has been hired by the trust. I asked the hospital for something to put on my car so i wouldn't get a ticket, but they said it would be fine till the morning. I don't understand why the hospital couldn't quash it straight away. It's not right that these people are stalking hospital car parks so they can cash in on helpless victims. I have submitted an appeal, however, their online appeal didn't allow for mitigation as I couldn't write in free text it was just Tick boxes answering questions, but I could upload evidence so i scanned the front cover of my wife's maternity notes and the expired tickets, which ironically amounted to £16 which is the price of a 24 hour ticket!:-)

Well done, i've recently received a PCN when my p&d ticket expired in a hospital car park, whilst my wife was in labor. I'm just researching ways to fight it now and what I have read so far is encouraging. keep up the good work!

Does the ticket state "Penalty Charge Notice" or "Parking Charge Notice". This is important because if it states "Parking Charge Notice" you are being scammed and your post needs to be moved as the "ticket" was issued by a private company. It is actually an invoice asking you to give them some money. My argument is that the hospital invited you onto their grounds to attend an appointment, therefore you have the LL's permission to park on their ground.

Does the ticket state "Penalty Charge Notice" or "Parking Charge Notice". This is important because if it states "Parking Charge Notice" you are being [problem]med and your post needs to be moved as the "ticket" was issued by a private company. It is actually an invoice asking you to give them some money. My argument is that the hospital invited you onto their grounds to attend an appointment, therefore you have the LL's permission to park on their ground.

Hello, I think there was a glitch on your last post, but I've checked the ticket and it's a parking charge notice, I'd never have known the difference before.

It is not a contractual obligation nor compensation for their losses so it is an unlawful penalty disguised as a claim for a contractual loss. You can write to the company and tell them you are willing to send them an extra £1 for their supposed loss of amenity and tell them that they are not entitled to any more as any claim for above this amount is a penalty charge and possibly a criminal act. (fraud by misrepresentation).

Firstly it is NOT A FINE!! It is a speculative invoice which you do not have to pay, it matters not that it was issued in a Hospital Car Park, the car park will either be owned by the Hospital Trust or the PFI Company, definitely not the PPC.

You can ignore or you can hover your mouse over the word ignore and follow that advice

Ignore is old advice now and personally I prefer to send an appeal to the PPC which will get refused - do not misunderstand this, there is NO appeals process for PPC's, they simply reject your appeal and tell you so but...

With your rejected appeal they have to provide you with a POPLAicon number which you then use to appeal and give the circumstances of the reason for the PPC raising their invoice and in this case you over stayed on a pre-paid ticket, however...

Remember to include in your POPLA appeal the request for a breakdown of costs to show that the invoice is an accurate representation of their losses and not just some random figure that is a punitive amount - this they cannot do and POPLA should allow your appeal, but...

If POPLA don't allow your appeal then it is only binding on the PPC and not you, you can then ignore, sit back and wait to see if the PPC send official stamped court papers, if they do then you enter the defence in the stickies (basically the same reasons as in your POPLA) and it is likley the PPC will pull out before it goes to court, if...

It goes to court then there are plenty of previous examples heard at county court where these charges have been declared unenforceable by Judges and the case will be batted off and at that point you can claim your costs - the fun part!

Things are in a state of flux at the far end of the procedure but the advice to appeal to the parking co and then to POPLA is best practice, as it gives you more time to seek further advice on what to do next. It wont coat you any more or less using the appeals system but will cost the parking co.