Payplan and WagedayAdvance - got another loan out after DMP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Not a very helpful response from payplan was it? How long were you on the DMP before you took out the PDL, wouldn't it have shown on your credit file when they processed your application, or didn't they even bother to check

How many creditors have you got on your DMP, how much are your repayments in total and how much was the PDL for, sorry about all the questions but it helps give a better idea of what to advise.

• Haha 1

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not helpful at all. If push comes to shove, as a last measure, after trying all other suggestions, you could go to somewhere like NEDCAB and start a new DMP including this PDL. It wouldn't be ideal, but it's an option if all else fails.

• Haha 1

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Thanks for the response.

I have been with payplan for about 10 years - £60,000 of debt, about £50,000 now. (about 15 creditors in total). I pay £175.00 to Payplan per month.

Got into a PDL loan spiral in the last few years. Without going into details I added some to Payplan already, then got some more which my father paid, then got another one with WDA and again got into trouble.

Will NEVER do that again as now told told partner etc. Got into such a state that I tried to commit suicide - a long story that I will share at some point on here.

WDA was for £600, paid about £200 off but then got into trouble. Had a repayment plan for £50 per month but just found that too much so bit the bullet and emailed Payplan who were understanding - initially - and took it on.

Have had 2 emails from WDA. One saying that I have committed fraud as I made no mention of being oon a DMP. I emailed back to say that on their application there was no mention of being on a DMP and surely they credit checked?

Then silence, then another email which said this:

"Dear Jonathan,

Unfortunately we do not accept pre signed letter of authorities, due to this we do require an agreement to be put in place direct with us.

We can not accept a plan through your debt management company, and a payment is required in order to hold the account further.

If you wish to discuss this further please callus on, 01756 707306

Regards

Fiona

I have no plans to call them to be honest. I am not willing to go to an IVA and not prepared to go bankrupt!

Any advice would be great.

Regards,

Out of that £60,000 how much is actually enforceable?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Was there any Payment Protection / Card Protection Policies on any of your other debts or default/penalty charges.

Has interest ceased on the other debts ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, I have been good with this. There was no PPI etc on anything. After all this time now the debts have been sold on numerous times so I about 4 companies along now. Yes the interest has stopped on all including the other PDL companies like PTP, Quikcquid and Wonga plus lots others.

I got my MP involved and Stella Creasy as PaydayUK we not havving it but ALL these PDL's were taken out when I was on a DMP. WDA is the first one to start making a fuss.

Excellent - good news the interest has ceased.. but it looks like you are going to well tied up with this for quite a time !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Indeed - annoying as I get the oddd letter offering a HUGE discount. I have one old loan about £17,000 that recently offered to halve it but just don't have the spare money! Mother in law pretty ancient so who knows!

ANY discount letters means there is something very VERY wrong with the debt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Really? I always thought that the original company sold the debt on at a huge discount and then the company that bought try to get as much out of you as possible therefore making their money? Is this wrong then?

When a DCA who bought the debt offeres you a massive discount like that, then theres something wrong. It could be no paperwork, full of charges/insurances etc. Whatever it is, thats the reason why they have offered such a massive discount.

The golden rule of paying any DCA is to never blindly pay a single penny without checking everything about the debt first.

I take it you do not have any assets ? Property ?

As regards fraud, these loans are marketed as a short term loan solution, the dmp was a long term arrangement there is nothing to say that you did not envisage that you would be able to repay this without any effect on your DMP.

The fact that something went wrong which prevented you from so doing does not in my view make it a fraudulent transaction, unless you were specifically asked if you had any ongoing payment arrangements on defaulted accounts.

Edited by Dodgeball

I take it you do not have any assets ? Property ?

These are important questions as they may dictate the way forward. TBH, IMO Payplan were possibly somewhat rash in negotiating a DMP over such a length of time. One has to question whether it was (or indeed is) the best solution for you.

How much do you think you could afford to pay each month towards the PDL?

Hi

I have posted before but the threads got a bit mixed up and still no answer.

1. Have debt with WDA.

2. On a DMP with Payplan.

3. Took out loan whilst on DMP (stupid and desperate. Been accused of fraud by WDA but NOWHERE did it say that you could not apply if on DMP and they accepted my application).

4. Initially had a repayment plan of £50.00 but again was too much so added to DMP.

5. WDA refuse DMP.

6. Now have had email and letter today - 19.10.13 - saying that I have till 1.11.13 or actionn taken etc etc and a list of what will happen.

7. Debt was: £586.99, now £864.51 - according to the letter.

HELP please!!

Time to get a formal complaint in. Theyre doing their usual tricks to get you to do what they want.

Also, can you post a copy of that letter? They are masters at clever wording.

WDA are a pain in the butt and seem to refuse everything

I agree with Renegade, a formal complaint, I very much doubt you will get a satisfactory response. The are a member of the CSA http://www.csa-uk.com have a look at their guidelines and use the breaches in both WDA and the CSA guidelines to structure your complaint. You then can take it to the Fos.

Be warned, with me, as soon as WDA had sent a final response they sold it on to MMF who caused me loads of grief until WDA finally confirmed that I had escalated the complaint to the CSA

oops sorry looks like it is the BCCA they are a member of http://www.bcca.co.uk/ so look at that

Edited by fletch70

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

OK. Scanned letter and it went into PDF. How do I upload to here?

OK happy to make a complaint can you lead me through how to do it please.

I did once, about a year ago, email my MP and Stella Creasey who were great and my MP made Payday Express accept the DMP.

For a complaint you need to put it in writing to their head office,

WageDayAdvance Ltd

Unit 7 Acorn Business Park

Keighley Road

Skipton

North Yorkshire

BD23 2UE

head the letter formal complaint

In it just express your concerns that the loan was x amount, that you were bullied into paying the sum of £50 by there allegations of fraud which you WILL be reporting to the OFT (if that is all true). That when you passed it over to payplan they sent I&E's and they are now receiving a prorata amount,

Then tell them what you want them to do i.e reduce the amount owed to loan+1 months interest -any money that has been paid (that is a bit of as the guidelines say 90 days interest but nothing ventured nothing gained) . Tell them that a gesture of good faith you are continuing payments during the complaints process although you are under no obligation to do.

What I did in the past was email it and post it with a free proof of posting.

If you are not confident in writing then I am sure someone will be able to help given the right info

P.S do not worry about the fraud allegation , Wonga were told off for exactly the same thing. Minicredit tried it with me as well

CLick go advanced.

Under the post click the box that says manage attachments.

Click select files then navigate to the one you want.

Click upload files

Select the one you uploaded and then click insert inline.

CLick done.

That's great. Thanks for that. Presumably I need to do a complaint letter to them first and then one to CSA & FOS?

What happened when they sold the debt on to MMF?

@renegadeimp asked me to post the letter. Any idea how to upload as it did it PDF.

Yes WDA first and then BCCA (see my post I made a mistake) and Fos

Lets not worry about MMF for now,lets just say they kept me busy with lies and constant phone calls

Keep the envelope, the DN is defective and that may cause them problems if they ever went to try and get a judgement. They should allow 14 days from the date of service, it amazes me that even now these idiots can not get something so simple correct