Fuzzgin

Space Bags and delivery in the Higlands.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2108 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I just ordered some spacebags vacuum storage and I doubt I'll need any help as I phoned and cancelled the order. I just wanted to warn others. I'm in the Highlands of Scotland and these things are advertised at £29.95 + postage and packing of (I think) £6.95. (both of those could be .99 not .95.)

So I ordered, my order wnt through (It's one of those websites that tries to add stuff to your order before completion) and I was shocked to see the total was £42 something. At first I thought I'd accidentally added something to my order then I saw that the postage was £12.+

So I phoned customer servicefor an explanation. I kind of knew what they'd say. I've not had the problem myself but there is a school of thought that can't access google maps and thinks that the Highlands are some kind of remote island. What bugged me was that there was no warning before I completed the order. It only told me the total afterwards. So the friendly chap asked whether I'd like to cancel. I did. He said they use interlink as a courier, and they charge the extra. I suggested that to avoid cancelled orders they might like to add a warning of higher charges. It may not be a lot but it added to my order.

So, no vacuum packaging for me. The pile of quilts and clothes will just have to moulder away. I'm annoyed though and wanted to warn others. You can call and cancel the order.

Yes, but any surcharges should be made clear. It's no good advertising a product as being 6.95 p+p within the UK (where I am) and only telling customers it is in fact £12.95 for some parts of the UK after they have placed their order.

the problem lies with the KW postcode pre fix.

which is Kirkwall on the isle of Orkney

9/10 if you explain that it is infact the mainland of Scotland KW** were you live

typically they remove extra charges.

there are no additional RM or courier charges for mainland KW postcodes

firms just don't realise there is a difference!!

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Mine's PH33 It's a Perth prefix (PH) bt the actual town (Fort William) is in Inverness-shire.

Yes, it's on the mainland but they weren't budging on that one.

Some of them do seem to think the whole of the Highlands is an island.

Mosltly it's lack of knowledge and the man on the phone was just quoting from his rules.

I plan to canvas colleagues at work tomorrow as I know the council were running some campaign against it

but their press release on the topic is gobbledygook. In several paragraphs it managed to say nothing at all.

As I have a problem with damp and insufficient storage I could have really used those bags.

Edited by Fuzzgin

They are a rip-off anyway, well I mean, £25 for a polythene bag, something that is made for a few pennies.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

They are a rip-off anyway, well I mean, £25 for a polythene bag, something that is made for a few pennies.

That's not quite fair, on their website they are offering 9 + 1 "free" for £29.95. I gree though, they must cost very little to make. As a product they are pretty good. I have some and it really does reduce the volume when you suck the air out.

I wouldn't quibble with the usefulness of them and the amount of space they can save is amazing. We have some as well as a gift from a neighbour.