Space Bags and delivery in the Higlands.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just ordered some spacebags vacuum storage and I doubt I'll need any help as I phoned and cancelled the order. I just wanted to warn others. I'm in the Highlands of Scotland and these things are advertised at £29.95 + postage and packing of (I think) £6.95. (both of those could be .99 not .95.)

So I ordered, my order wnt through (It's one of those websites that tries to add stuff to your order before completion) and I was shocked to see the total was £42 something. At first I thought I'd accidentally added something to my order then I saw that the postage was £12.+

So I phoned customer servicefor an explanation. I kind of knew what they'd say. I've not had the problem myself but there is a school of thought that can't access google maps and thinks that the Highlands are some kind of remote island. What bugged me was that there was no warning before I completed the order. It only told me the total afterwards. So the friendly chap asked whether I'd like to cancel. I did. He said they use interlink as a courier, and they charge the extra. I suggested that to avoid cancelled orders they might like to add a warning of higher charges. It may not be a lot but it added to my order.

So, no vacuum packaging for me. The pile of quilts and clothes will just have to moulder away. I'm annoyed though and wanted to warn others. You can call and cancel the order.

Yes, but any surcharges should be made clear. It's no good advertising a product as being 6.95 p+p within the UK (where I am) and only telling customers it is in fact £12.95 for some parts of the UK after they have placed their order.

the problem lies with the KW postcode pre fix.

which is Kirkwall on the isle of Orkney

9/10 if you explain that it is infact the mainland of Scotland KW** were you live

typically they remove extra charges.

there are no additional RM or courier charges for mainland KW postcodes

firms just don't realise there is a difference!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Mine's PH33 It's a Perth prefix (PH) bt the actual town (Fort William) is in Inverness-shire.

Yes, it's on the mainland but they weren't budging on that one.

Some of them do seem to think the whole of the Highlands is an island.

Mosltly it's lack of knowledge and the man on the phone was just quoting from his rules.

I plan to canvas colleagues at work tomorrow as I know the council were running some campaign against it

but their press release on the topic is gobbledygook. In several paragraphs it managed to say nothing at all.

As I have a problem with damp and insufficient storage I could have really used those bags.

Edited by Fuzzgin

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They are a rip-off anyway, well I mean, £25 for a polythene bag, something that is made for a few pennies.

That's not quite fair, on their website they are offering 9 + 1 "free" for £29.95. I gree though, they must cost very little to make. As a product they are pretty good. I have some and it really does reduce the volume when you suck the air out.