• Tweets

• Yup, do what DX suggests but send the letter to the gym by posted letter and get a Certificate of Posting at the PO to keep as proof of posting.   Ignore demands from ARC for now but keep us posted ...........
    • is he the joint owner of the old home?  
    • Hi BS,   In post #1 you refer to the m/ship "........for now over 12 month period ........" and also,  "........ experience over past 2 years with DL has been shocking ........"   1. Can you confirm when the current m/ship started ?   2. Can you explain a bit more about the freeze due to surgery - like who needs surgery and are they talking about freezing the m/ship for the whole family ?   DL are not good about freezing and allowing you to use a freeze as part of their 3 month cancellation period. However, we maintain that their 3 month notice period is excessive.   So, before we offer suggestions for your best move can you confirm, do you want to maintain the m/ship to use after someone's surgery; or do you want to cancel the m/ship asap ?
    • they not get back together  dx, that was final nail in the coffin so to speak, they not really been together for many years, him being on furlough  did not help, etc, so no he on his own now    Thanks all for the the help, I will pass the info onto to him, when I see him     Sandy xx
    • As the others say, you need to reply to a Letter Before Claim as it's a formal notice of intention to start legal proceedings.  You need to show them you've sussed their claim is pants and they would have a real battle on in court.   You can either ridicule their claim as it is ...   ... or else name the driver.    If he was in the UK they would then leave you in peace and hassle the BiL.   However, as he's in Italy there is very little they can do to him (I know, I live in Italy too!) so, as dx hints, they are likely to try to invent some stupid reason to continue hassling you.  It'll be "too late" to name the driver.  Or they "are unable" to accept an address in Italy as they can't work out how to use the Royal Mail site and buy the correct postage stamp.  Or some such rubbish.   You need to decide about the BiL.    
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?404881-Civil-enforcement-lose-in-court-today

This is one of our favourite's ...enjoy.........   TCP parking/ Smart Parking ( same)   Links at the beginning are broke, but i copied and pasted further down the thread.   Now how many peopl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• Haha 1

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...