Brakes failed 😠

divadeb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, just wanted to know if there is anyone who can help me with this problem. My car failed its MOT 6 weeks ago on its brake pipes, I booked the car into garage and asked them to re- new all of them and then MOT it again, which they did and it passed. For some reason my car has been making a knocking noise which got gradually worse so I took the car back to the garage and to my dismay and shock it had closed down. I checked with companies house and they have gone into liquidation.

Today I have been around and about in the car to suddenly find my brake peddle was touching the floor before it stopped the car, fortunately it was right near the local tyre and brake centre so I took it in to them for a look. To my horror they told me I was lucky to have stopped the car as I had no brake fluid as it had all leaked out through my so called new brake pipes. To make thing clear they had only replaced some of the brake pipes and patched the rest up .....BADLY. I now have to pay another £140 to make my car road worthy.

Is there anything or anywhere I can go for help? I'm furious that they could let me drive my car knowing they never did a full job and putting me and my passengers at risk. I paid by credit card and wondered also if I can claim it back. I would love to get my hands the mechanic. Thanks in advance Debbie.

Thanks for the advice on doing a charge back, never had to do one before but will give it ago. I suppose I should count my lucky stars the car stopped lol I wish I could have reported them to some organisation , thanks again Debbie.

This why law gives you protection when using a credit card and this is just one of them times that the regulation tell you to claim it back from the card.

Consumer Credit Act 1974. Section 75 is what you want should there be any problem.

Only if you paid by credit card. If a debit card was made a request for a chargeback could be made, and likely be successful, but this wouldn't be under S75 I'm afraid and should be done ASAP. There are time limits for debit card chargebacks.

Only if you paid by credit card. If a debit card was made a request for a chargeback could be made, and likely be successful, but this wouldn't be under S75 I'm afraid and should be done ASAP. There are time limits for debit card chargebacks.

I paid by credit card

That's what the man said.