Warning After Smartsource Drainage and Water Reports Ltd Collapse

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2526 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Another one of those Shocking stories here, leaving many in debt, quite incredible really.

Are you affected?

Homes and businesses have been left owing millions of pounds to water firms after signing up with a bill management company that has now ceased trading

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24492454

My opinions

Woah!!! This is incredible!!!

Im so glad i havent done anything like this!!!!

Hi

Yes it certainly is, we already had people coming in yesterday about this.

Looks like many could be affected.

Makes you wonder when you read though how it ever could have been sustainable.

It is a shocker

My opinions

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Reading where their offices are. Heard quite a few tales of people being unpaid since July.

Considering how it's affected the staff who haven't had their wages paid or the number of local "customers" who must have been messed over, our local press has been very quiet about it all until today...

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/business/smartsource-water-company-goes-liquidation-6221069

My advice is given based on personal experience and any useful information I've picked up over the years. Always seek professional advice if there's any doubt.

<Please feel free to click on the star if you think I've been helpful

I live in Reading where their offices are. Heard quite a few tales of people being unpaid since July.

Considering how it's affected the staff who haven't had their wages paid or the number of local "customers" who must have been messed over, our local press has been very quiet about it all until today...

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/business/smartsource-water-company-goes-liquidation-6221069

Hi

Thanks for this

It does seem to have been low key publicity wise - the mention at the bottom of third parties passing on (or not passing on) payments seems almost sleep walking style as though.. well... they haven't passed on your money, we will help and give you time to pay.

The consumer does not seem to matter too much it would seem, have they any chance of redress?

Looking at this sorry episode it really does make you wonder how this scheme was ever going to work or be safe

A 'little' astonishing really

My opinions and views