sherforce towed/damaged mates car over my business debt!! **paid repairs**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In this case it may be better if certain things are kept off for now, Sherfarce are a nasty bunch and it isn't worth giving them too much notice of intentions, but some updates would likely be fine

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that you went after the original creditor and possibly the bailiff co as a second party.

The bailiffs act only on the instruction of the creditor

so they are the ones who are liable for their agents foul ups.

Plenty of case law on these points,

including a recent one involving your bailiff co.

Whilst I agree in part with what you say.

The Enforcement Agent is responsible for the goods in their care and must take all reasonable steps to look after them.

That duty of care may then be transferred to the contractor who removed the goods.

Eventually the duty will have passed to the place where the goods have resided waiting for sale or return.

It would appear that the OP has photographic evidence proving the goods were still in good condition when they were removed and would imagine this to irrefutable. It therefore suggests all the damage occurred either in transit or in storage with the presumption all this happened at the premises they were stored at.

The case however is not straightforward as the Enforcement Agent has removed without checking ownership first and when a 3rd party claim has been made it appears that they have more than dragged their heels in getting a resolve from the Judgment Creditor.

This to me says the Enforcement Co have a lot of questions to answer and fail to see how they can evade their reponsibilities over this.

They may decide to ignore and hope it goes away, if they want to show any form of backbone they should put their hands up in the air and say "sorry we were at fault, how can we help put it right".

Instead they will probably just do their utmost to wriggle out of it, blame everyone except themselves and cry once they are adjudged to the guilty party.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

would be better in the open

CAG is here to help everyone.

if your thread goes dead

it wont help readers in a like issue

that latterly come here

you found cag by reading and seeing like threads.

they helped you

keep it going.

dx

When dealing with the likes of Sherforce (and I speak from first hand experience) it is not advisable to broadcast your intended actions on a public forum.

There is nothing stopping a poster from taking advice by pm then updating their thread........ with caution

I have to agree unequivocally with WD Sherfarce are highly dangerous,

and a loose cannon,

Huntress Foods and Capeneum,

along with the Bridlington fiasco evidence that,

incidentally Sherfarce have not fully compensated that unlucky businessman as of yet.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi everyone,

There was no intent on my part to exclude the forum from this and I want to help anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation.

I find myself in a difficult situation as if I post everything openly before this matter is resolved it is my friend who loses out again.

It is not really acceptable for me to jeopardise his case.

I am sorry if anyone feels differently but I feel he has suffered enough already.

When is appropriate and certainly when resolved I will make sure that it is fully posted to help others.

That is the best plan susie.

• 3 years later...

so time for an update then now you're back here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry forgotten all about this , seems a lifetime ago.

Yes his car was returned, complete with damage caused by them. It took him 4 months to recover it as they made it as difficult as possible.

After another 7 months he got the damage repaired at their cost.

Thank you

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Great for letting us know, Sherfarce are a disgusting company which should be wound up. Claire Sandbrook should have her Certification removed as she is now a USA Resident and cannot in all consience exercise due diligence over writs given to her that she sends to DCBL.

Well their enforcement officers are an absolute disgrace.

When all this was going on the enforcement officer was waiting outside my house early one morning and filmed me, with his sidekick taking photos with a camera that had the longest lens I had eve seen.

I was only taking the dog for a walk!!

Terrible harassment

I would have filmed the Sherfarce drones myself, to capture their harassment.