ebay's address and contact information !!!

veryannoyed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Save your money. The company does have it's nominated EU headquarters in Clondalkin, Dublin - but the address for service of court documents is Luxembourk - the London addresses are simple satellite offices. As for court action, it will not be cxompetent if raised in England- but best yet, they let you file, and then have it thrown out - wasting your court fee.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I need some information about how to deal with a problem I have on Ebay.

I bought some material from America, and the seller on sending it to me has put the wrong value on the back, which has ended up with me having a Customs charge of £11.28. I have receipts etc. so I can claim the amount back off Customs, but the £8.00 handling charge from royal Mail, I can't apparantly. Can I claim it back from the seller as it was their error, which I can prove.

Any help gratefully accepted

Helen

You can ask, but cannot insist on it.

Foreign senders often mis-declare either by inflating the cost (to make an insurance claim worthwhile) forgetting that same total will be used to calculate the duty to be paid, or state incorrectly it is a 'gift'.

Since Customs did nothing wrong, and neither did their agents RM for collecting the duty, your argument is with the seller, as you correctly identified - but if they refuse to fix their mistake, there is little you can do except note this on their feedback.

Not really. Your claim can really only be based on non-delivery or a misdescription. You've got the goods, and this is simply a cost/shipping dispute. Just as they will not accept any claim based on postal disputes on the cost or duty charged, you can try - but they'll probably refer you to the T&Cs where these are excluded.

Your only useful sanction is to get the seller to compromise due to HIS delclaration error, and give appropriate FB based on the outcome.

• 5 months later...
Hi all

I'm having grief with ebay at the moment - won't bore you with the details. It is a nightmare to contact them, as anyone knows who's ever tried... they don't seem to have a phone number, and searching round on the net, the odd one that does leak out as public knowledge is very quickly disconnected. I'm not sure of the legalities of that? I thought that any business operating online and taking payments for services HAD to have a phone number for complaints / problems?

Anyway, after a lot of searching around, I have found the following information. Before moderators panic and remove this post, I stress this is PUBLICLY AVAILABLE INFORMATION from the companies house website. It has cost me a couple of quid to get it, but it is in the public domain, so no panic about data protection issues please!

ebay UK limited registered address:

EBAY (UK) LIMITED

CARMELITE

50 VICTORIA EMBANKMENT

BLACKFRIARS

LONDON

EC4Y 0DX

company number is 03726028

There are 3 directors, 2 based in the USA and one here in jolly old england. His details are:

[deleted]

Not surprisingly, there are no phone numbers listed for ebay or carmelite or tjg sectretaries (ebay's company secretary - all based at the victoria embankment address), and mr McCullum's phone number is ex-directory.... ebay HATE being contacted by mere **** like us paying customers!

Perhaps any budding miss marples out there can add more info?

I have done some research of my own on behalf of a friend and found the email of the owner of ebay Pierre omidyar his email is his first [email protected] and i have got read reciepts from him but no responce i have told him of impending court action and i await his responce.

I am so annoyed at the moment.....for the last past week i have not been able to access the sign in page on ebay,it just hangs. So i tried the many different ways to contact them but unfortunately you have to sign in to get any contact info. How the hell am i supposed to contact them if i can`t sign in in the bleedin first place! Anyone got any ideas please.:confused:

Thanks

• 3 months later...
Not very secret - they operate from Ebay's European HQ in Clondalkin (west Dublin). They hacked me off royally, and I went to their building and refused to budge until a manager dealt with me. Their on site security staff were preparing to eject me from the building until I treatened to handcuff myself to the reception desk....

SINCE YOU BEEN THERE IN CLONDALKIN

GIVE ME THE COMPLETE ADDRESS PLEASE> ASAP........ASAP

I NEED TO ISSUE THEM WITH A SUMMONS

many thanks

GS

Waste of money, if you want to Summons them, you need to issue this to their Registered Office, not any old place they happen to conduct business. You'll require an EU Small Claims action, and serve the documents on their Luxembourg HQ. You can get the forms online.

Ebay & Paypal address.

Ebay and Paypal are the same people. They are a law unto themselves and don't appear to understand or adhere to 'the law of common sense', or indeed the law of the UK. They will do ANYTHING and dream up ANY EXCUSE not to pay up. Everyone should demand, in writing, that they send you their mandate on TREATING CUSTOMERS FAIRLY, and details of their COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE, and the full address and name of the relevant OMBUDSMAN. Make it clear that you expect this info to be sent to you by post, not email. Keep copies of your letter and their response/non-response.

I have just spoken to these crooks and they have confirmed that their common address is definitely:

Hotham House, 1 Heron Square, Richmond Upon Thames, TW9 1EJ

Their landline number is: 02086053000

When you write, address your envelope to BOTH of them, or send two separate letters. Send by recorded delivery and keep receipt.

This may be no help at all, but the CEO's email address is [email protected], i've always had a much better response to contact the CEO directly rather than bothering with customer services.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread going back a few years, but I came across whilst searching for info on ebay. In this thread it is claimed that ebay can only be sued in Luxembourg. I believe that is untrue.

I believe the Hague and Lugano conventions apply in their remit to harmonize European laws.

Wikipedai says about the Lugano convention (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brussels_Regime)

"The Brussels Regime covers legal disputes of a civil or commercial nature (article 1). There are some exceptions limiting the scope of this; where the principal matter of a dispute is one of family law, bankruptcy or insolvency, social security, or relates to arbitration, the case is not subject to the rules. Article 2 prescribes that a person (legal or natural) may only be sued in the member state in which he or she is domiciled. Domicile is determined by the law of the national court hearing the case, so that a person can be domiciled in more than one state simultaneously.

Article 4 preserves the traditional rules for defendants who are not domiciled in a member state. That is, if a defendant is domiciled elsewhere, then the Regime does not apply and the national court hearing the case is left to determine jurisdiction based on the traditional rules otherwise governing such questions in their legal system. Article 4 also allows a person domiciled in any member state to take advantage of another member state's exorbitant bases of jurisdiction on the same basis as a national of that state. This is useful in cases where a member state, such as France, allows its nationals to sue anyone in their courts, so that someone domiciled in a member state like Finland may sue someone domiciled in a non-member state like Canada, in the courts of a third party member state, like France, where the defendant may have assets."

I believe therefor that court action can be instigated in the UK courts. You may also find the following useful:

http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/forum/ebay-and-online-auction-discussion/44565-how-sue-ebay-paypal.html

Companies House website gives the following details:

EBAY (UK) LIMITED

107 CHEAPSIDE

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

EC2V 6DN

Company No. 03726028

For about £2 anyone can purchase a report on the company giving the names of the Directors.

• 5 months later...

Does eBay Have An Ethical Culture?

For an ethical culture to be successful within a firm, its behaviour should have regards for all stakeholders who are impacted by its behaviour.

In my recent experience as a stakeholder ebay doesnt have an ethical culture as we would like to think but an utilitarianism culture where 99% of the firm behaviour kills off 1% of us and they consider that a fair ethical culture.

EBay Directors

Directors:

Paul Reuben Drake

DOB 21/01/1970

Came to Office 10/02/2010

Address: Ebay International Marketing Gmbh Westpark, Pfingstweidstrasse 60, Zurich,

Phillip Rinn

DOB 08/12/1973

Came to Office 10/02/2010

Address: Hotham House 1 Heron Square, , Richmond Upon Thames, TW9 1EJ

Current Company Secretary

OHS SECRETARIES LIMITED

Came to Office 04/02/2011

Address: 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, , London, EC2V 6DN

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know the current address for an ebay uk head office? I sent something recorded delivery to the address below and it was returned by the post office as "addressee gone away"

Thanks

Susan

Hi all

I'm having grief with ebay at the moment - won't bore you with the details. It is a nightmare to contact them, as anyone knows who's ever tried... they don't seem to have a phone number, and searching round on the net, the odd one that does leak out as public knowledge is very quickly disconnected. I'm not sure of the legalities of that? I thought that any business operating online and taking payments for services HAD to have a phone number for complaints / problems?

Anyway, after a lot of searching around, I have found the following information. Before moderators panic and remove this post, I stress this is PUBLICLY AVAILABLE INFORMATION from the companies house website. It has cost me a couple of quid to get it, but it is in the public domain, so no panic about data protection issues please!

ebay UK limited registered address:

EBAY (UK) LIMITED

CARMELITE

50 VICTORIA EMBANKMENT

BLACKFRIARS

LONDON

EC4Y 0DX

company number is 03726028

There are 3 directors, 2 based in the USA and one here in jolly old england. His details are:

[deleted]

Not surprisingly, there are no phone numbers listed for ebay or carmelite or tjg sectretaries (ebay's company secretary - all based at the victoria embankment address), and mr McCullum's phone number is ex-directory.... ebay HATE being contacted by mere **** like us paying customers!

Perhaps any budding miss marples out there can add more info?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

closed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks