what do i do about my landlord regards my heating

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have lived in my property for just over 4 months. i have a baby who is 7 month old.

the problem is i have no central heating, no radiators, etc. I only have a boiler for hot water.

my lil girl is constantly ill with her chest from it being so cold.

i have mithered my landlord asking him when will it be done. He always has an excuse. i pay 450£ PCM for my 2 bed house. I dont even have double glazing. its still not even finished. i have a hole in my kitchen roof, no splash tiles on in the kitchen and only a shower n toliet n sink in my bathroom.

he said he was going to provide me with a fire that he was to place on the wall. this still hasnt been done, that was 4 weeks ago. Iv told him that if its not done i will be moving within the month. iv reported im to health and saftey and they are getting onto the case. im just annoyed at how he just wants the money and doesnt care for our welfare. what is my next move to ensure something will be done.

AFAIK there is no legal requirement for a LL to provide central heating, just an immersion or hot water boiler and space heating capable of maintaining main living room at 18-20 C. Nor is there a requirement to install d/g. only maintain existing windows.

We have just had the warmest Sep for many years!

I assume you inspected the property before signing the AST and was shown the EPC?

You don't even mention type/age of property, flat, semi, terrace.

All you can do is request Council private T relations officer/EHO to visit/inspect.

Any improvement promises made by LL are not worth the paper, unless you can show you informed LL they were integral to you accepting AST.

Otherwise you are liable for rent and property until last day of fixed term, unless LL agrees an early surrender.

• 2 weeks later...

A property without central heating or storage heaters would almost certainly be a category 1 hazard under the Housing Act 2004. Contact the council's Environmental Health department and ask for an inspection. They should be able to get the landlord to address the other issues too, apart from double glazing. You might qualify for a free central heating installation under the energy company obligation (ECO) scheme. Good luck.