Rossendales collect/AK - old time retail debt from 2005

wishboneash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a letter aktiv kapital portfolio 2 nd placement ? outstanding amount 519 .17 debt has been passed on by above client

8th October 2013 my credit file is clear only a missed mortgage payment how do i handle this many thanks

as far as i know this debt was back in 2001

i have heard they are very aggressive

client aktiv kapital 8th oct debt has been passed on by above client ?

we are instructed that you ignored previous request we intend to recover the debt

saying its a second placement

this debt is from 2001 how do i go about this ?

credit files is clear

Can you post more info? That post is pretty cryptic.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It maybe they are fishing, or is SB either way you will need to find out.

When was the last payment/acknowledgement made? if it was way back as stated, go back to your CRA file look at closed accounts it maybe there, also if it was not dealt with since 2001 the it will be SB. You can always send the prove it letter from the library here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

But sometimes mysterious payments turn up resetting the clock. So you will need to write to them and find out, they chased me for a STAT BARRED debt a few years ago with a quick call it was sorted, they sent the acknowledgement of SB the next day, case closed.

Let us know with an update to your thread please

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

just got a letter this morning

2nd placement outstanding debt £ 519.17 debt has been passd on

unless you pay the full amount in seven days recovery action will take place

my credit file has no record of this what do i need to do ?

full letter

client aktiv kapital portfolio as branch 2 ncd placement ? ? outstanding amount £ 519.17 p

Dear Mr

your debt has been passed to us by the above client we are instructed that you have ignored previous requests for payment and we intend to recover your outsanding debt imediatley

unless you pay the debt amount in full within 7 days or contact us immediately with your proposals recovery action will commence

quite a while ago this happened with some called fire who harassed my at work place repeated phone calls but these stopped unaware that it my be this , but my file is clear on experian

It could be for council tax as that is not reported to the Credit agencies. Or it could be that it is a case of mistaken identity.

I hate to say it, but if you ring the Council and it is not that, then you may be left with ringing the bailiff for information as to what the debt relates to. At the same time get a breakdown of their fees, Court costs

and the original debt.

If the Council confirm that they sent the bailiff, see if you can arrange paying it off without involving the bailiffs to avoid paying their fees [and depending on the bailiff, some of them will be doubtful].

Have you received no notification of any Court proceedings as a Court hearing would be necessary before bailiffs can be called in.

Have you moved address recently and thus the Court summons etc have gone to your old address.

don't forget rossers also have a DCA wing.

this could simply be them trying it on on an old debt

that's prob SB'd long ago.

phishing trip.

esp if no like debt shows on your cra file

what was the original debt all about?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what is the debt all about please

give us its history please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

But sometimes mysterious payments turn up resetting the clock.

Once a debt is SB nothing can unbar it, even a fictitious payment, that is fraud.

Any written evidence you get claiming that a payment was made to the account, that you never made, is absolutely gold dust, and you will be quids in when (if your that way inclined) you sue them, plus heads will roll and the company will undoubtedly fold as fraud is an extremely serious offence.

What is the debt?

When was the agreement taken out?

When did you last pay toward it, or acknowledge (in writing) it?

If this doesn't show on your credit file then ignore them for the time being.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

three threads merged on same debt

please keep to one thread per debt

dx

and they

not sure as my credit file is clean i did have depts in 2001 for various things , and did get hassled by phone calls last year by FIRE DEBT recovery at work home sent a letter off that i do not own this debt and to stop hassling me at work looks like the debt has been sold on to rossendales ?

thank you have just sent off for a new credit report

looks like a old debt from time retail in 2005 this had been passed on by by two other debt recovery's firms just waiting for credit file

• dx100uk changed the title to Rossendales collect/AK - old time retail debt from 2005