Jump to content

CSA "how payments are made"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Been paying through CSA for 5 years now as the NRP. I am a father of a one boy who lives with his mum.


The question I have is "Is there any legislation out there dictates how payments should be made"?


Reason for asking is my case has had so many changes recently that the amount kept changing. This made DD and SO really difficult. The last 5 monthly payments I have made on time via the phone with my card. Today the CSA called to say that they didnt have my payment. I am able to confirm via bank statements that it left my account 1/10/13. They said because they hadnt received it then I will be liable to a deductions from earnings order. It appears this is despite it being there mistake in aligning the payment made to my case.


Is it policy and procedure that payments must either be via DD or SO or a deductions from earnings order or can payments be any other way ?


Just for info, my ex wife chose to go to CSA and wont accept private agreement?


Anyone with any guidance please ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should have no problems paying by direct debit even if the amount keeps changing as it can be adjusted each month automatically whereas an SO can't. Don't see why you can't pay by card if thats what you want to do but there is nothing to stop your ex wife asking the CSA to take the payment by deduction of earnings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly- check to make sure your bank had paid the money and get exact date and any ref No's. And inform the CSA if it still isn't showing as they can fish the funds from the big money pot. Probably they have put an incorrect digit on the transaction (should use your NINo). Please note that sometimes the banks take a while to appear on your case.


Secondly the PWC cannot demand a DEO (decuction of earnings order) as it is the decision of the CSA. Although a PWC can nag.

Thirdly the csa's accepted methods of payment are DD or DEO. You can ask them for a DEO yourself if you find it more convenient.

Set up a DD. They can't moan at you then. Also you are protected by the DD guarantee.


Link to post
Share on other sites


Secondly the PWC cannot demand a DEO (decuction of earnings order) as it is the decision of the CSA. Although a PWC can nag.




Yes, it tends to be a last resort action to be fair. It took 3 years of non payment for them to do a DEO on my ex

Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume PWC stands for 'Parent With Custody'? If thats the case then we can ask for a DEO, when I set my claim up I was given three options for payments and a DEO was one of them and its the option I chose. Its still in place today and will be until the CSA start charging for their service

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 9 months later...

The legislation states that the Parent With Care cannot request a DEO. The Non Resident Parent can request a DEO.

The Agency current preferred method of collection (MOC) is as follows

1 Direct Pay ("Maintenance Direct" or "Family Based Arrangement")

2 Direct Debt (Standing Order for cases dealt with "off the main system" or 'clerical')

3 Debit/Credit Card

4 Manual Cheque



For cases where the NRP is not paying then DEO becomes a preferred MOC but procedures must be followed (CSF745A/B/C Warning letter issued and no response within 7 days)

If you are making payments via a non-preferred MOC then provided you are compliant there is no reason a DEO should be in place

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...