ANPR Again! **POPLA Appeal Upheld**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please do not under any circumstances 'wait patiently for the result' the one thing you must never do is sit back and wait.

In due course you will receive the evidence package from ANPR Ltd, you need to read this carefully and be ready to rebut any matters that ANPR Ltd submit that you take issue with.

What exactly do you want the poster to do then? Ring up ANPR and ask them for forgiveness? Write a letter explaining his/her life story? How about provide ANPR with their vital statistics?

What utter tripe.

The OP has no choice but wait to see what POPLA come back with.

How can you state that in due course the OP will receive an evidence package?

Have you got a crystal ball?

Once again you are scare mongering and I have to question why that is, what is your true agenda here?

What exactly do you want the poster to do then? Ring up ANPR and ask them for forgiveness? Write a letter explaining his/her life story? How about provide ANPR with their vital statistics?

What utter tripe.

The OP has no choice but wait to see what POPLA come back with.

How can you state that in due course the OP will receive an evidence package?

Have you got a crystal ball?

Once again you are scare mongering and I have to question why that is, what is your true agenda here?

To the OP

As you will see we have a rogue poster who is trolling the PPC threads seeming intent on again playing the man not the ball.

The way POPLA works is as follows,

You have submitted your appeal to POPLA

POPLA send your appeal to the PPC

The PPC then submits it's case to POPLA

POPLA then forwards a copy of the PPCs case to you but does not invite you to submit a rebuttal

It is important therefore at this point that you do not simply sit there and do nothing but you carefully scrutinise what the PPC have submitted and if there is anything that you take issue with then submit a further evidence in rebuttal to POPLA.

If you need any help with this then please come back once you have ANPRs bundle.

To the OP

As you will see we have a rogue poster who is trolling the PPC threads seeming intent on again playing the man not the ball.

POPLA then forwards a copy of the PPCs case to you but does not invite you to submit a rebuttal

It is important therefore at this point that you do not simply sit there and do nothing but you carefully scrutinise what the PPC have submitted and if there is anything that you take issue with then submit a further evidence in rebuttal to POPLA.

If you need any help with this then please come back once you have ANPRs bundle.

You have now over stepped the mark and I have reported your post.

Inconsistent advice

Can members please note that civilised debate and discussion is encouraged in this, so it seems, ever changing world of private parking.

However, when this degenerates into personal abuse and attacks, this will not be tolerated on CAG.

Please let's now get back to a more civilised way of doing things but take this post as a gentle warning.

Thank you.

To the OP

Homer is a most welcome and correct adviser in my opinion......In the last few months there seems to be an introduction of posts from a small number of posters who clearly bounce off each other professing to know everything and offering their help "only" as the best way forward.

The OP should be able to read a variety of posts and use them to tailor them to their particular situation

This is interesting, received a Final demand this morning from ANPR.

Should I just ignore it and wait for a reply to the appeal?

Hi, I am sure I have read on here that continuing to harass you for payment whilst the appeal is still with POPLA is against some government guidelines, as as such fuel for a complaint. The experts should be able to point out which ones.Also going back to your original post have ANPR really stated that they are not responsible for the actions of 3rd party debt collectors? Pretty sure that if ANPR employ DCA XX to collect on their behalf then it is given that any action by the DCA XX is with the approval of ANPR? Again the experts may be able to clarify this.Apologies to readers but I cannot seem to get paragraph spaces.

Homer is a most welcome and correct adviser in my opinion......In the last few months there seems to be an introduction of posts from a small number of posters who clearly bounce off each other professing to know everything and offering their help "only" as the best way forward.

The OP should be able to read a variety of posts and use them to tailor them to their particular situation

I say once again "what ever did we do before they came onto this forum ???" we must have done it all wrong.

oh! peppipoo it,s in the name.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everybody,

POPLA have now made their decision, below is the email that I received from them.

Does this mean that it is now finished with?

PARKING ON PRIVATE LAND APPEALS

PO Box 70748 London EC1P 1SN

0845 207 7700

[email protected]

http://www.popla.org.uk

Parking on Private Land Appeals is administered by the Transport and Environment Committee of London Councils

Calls to Parking on Private Land Appeals may be recorded

29 November 2013

Reference ********** always quote in any communication with POPLA

**** ***** ***** (Appellant)

-v-

ANPR Limited (Operator)

The Operator issued parking charge notice number ******* arising out of the presence at Street, Town, on Date,

of a vehicle with registration mark *******.

The Appellant appealed against liability for the parking charge.

The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has determined that the appeal be allowed

The Assessor’s reasons are as set out.

The Operator should now cancel the parking charge notice forthwith.

Reasons for the Assessor’s Determination

It is the Operator’s case that a parking charge notice was correctly issued, given that the Appellant parked on site in a clear contravention of the terms

and conditions for parking.

It is the Appellant’s case that, amongst other things, the charge does not represent a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

The parking charge appears to be a sum sought for liquidated damages, in other words, compensation agreed in advance. Accordingly, the charge

must represent a genuine pre-estimate of the loss any breach may cause. The Appellant has requested that the Operator show a loss of income. The

estimate must be based upon loss flowing from a breach of the parking terms. This might be, for example, loss of parking revenue or even loss of retail

revenue at a shopping centre.

The Operator submitted that the charge is a genuine pre-estimate of loss as their signs provide a 100% deterrent rate and failure to provide this deterrent

amounts to a breach of contract between themselves and the landowner, enabling them to seek liquidated damages from the driver/keeper of the

vehicle that caused the breach.

Having studied the Operator’s submissions, I cannot, on what little information is provided, decide that they have shown that the charge does in fact

represent a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

I must allow the appeal on this ground.

I need not decide on any other issues.

Matthew Westaby

Assessor

Thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread, it has been much appreciated by my Daughter who the ticket was issued to and myself who knew where to come for help and advice.

I think the money we have saved means that a donation to CAG is forth coming.

Once again Thanks to all.

Another £27 loss for ANPR.

And a further drain on resources for BPA, their trade body, that I believe has to fund POPLA to the tune of £100 for each appeal (or that is their cost of operating POPLA).

The officials at BPA may be beginning to be wondering how long salaries will continue to be coming from the trade.