Bank demands mum put BABY on phone to discuss account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A stunned mum was ordered to put her six-month-old BABY on the phone to speak to a telephone banking operator.

Jenny Nicholls, 31, had called the Halifax to talk to customer services about an error on her baby son's savings account.

But the operator insisted he could only deal with the account holder – in this case, six-month-old Harry.

"We waited in the queue and entered all the account security information then the man came on the line and said 'Is that Mr Harry Nicholls?'," Jenny told the Mirror. "I said no. He asked if he could talk to Harry but I said he's a baby, he can't talk."

The staggered mum said she was then told that the matter could not be discussed with her - only with Harry.

"I said I'm his mum but he just said he was sorry but he couldn't talk to me over the phone, only to the account holder," Jenny said. "I said 'are you being serious?' I thought it was a joke at first and then he would notice it was a child's account, but he was being serious."

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2013/10/07/bank-demands-mum-put-baby-on-phone-to-discuss-halifax-account/

Had the same thing for someone who's husband was in hospital in a coma after a stroke. Ended up having to go through loops with hospital to get paperwork sorted so his wife had access to account that all DWP was being paid into.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

You couldn't make it up could you ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar experience when I asked Nationwide to set up a monthly direct debit to my RBS current account in order to transfer funds towards paying my on board account on a long cruise. Nationwide messed up the direct debit by paying me the wrong amount and my current account was left short. I rang up whist we were sailing the South Pacific to ask them to correct it only to be told I would need to call in a branch. I told them I was in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean and there were no branches to call into. The reply was you will still need to call in a branch.! Unbelievable. Fortunately I had l left sufficient funds in my account that the missing amount turned out to be unnecessary. No thanks to them.

Badger& Mole

It's another case of once they are asked a question not covered by their script then they just use the nearest answer even if it is a load of codswallop.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Most children's accounts cannot be managed over the phone.

The advisor she spoke to has clearly never encountered such a situation before and took the security of the account seriously.

Had the same thing for someone who's husband was in hospital in a coma after a stroke. Ended up having to go through loops with hospital to get paperwork sorted so his wife had access to account that all DWP was being paid into.

dpick

I appreciate how stressful this situation can be at the time, but would you really expect them to just let, as far as they are concerned, anybody manage somebody elses bank account without a power of attorney or third party mandate in place.

I had a similar experience when I asked Nationwide to set up a monthly direct debit to my RBS current account in order to transfer funds towards paying my on board account on a long cruise. Nationwide messed up the direct debit by paying me the wrong amount and my current account was left short. I rang up whist we were sailing the South Pacific to ask them to correct it only to be told I would need to call in a branch. I told them I was in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean and there were no branches to call into. The reply was you will still need to call in a branch.! Unbelievable. Fortunately I had l left sufficient funds in my account that the missing amount turned out to be unnecessary. No thanks to them.

Badger& Mole

That isn't a similar situation, if you have a separate issue then why not create a new thread. Anyway, Banks can't setup direct debits for you.