Requesting latest P45 from Giant Group asking to pay fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone can advice me if im wrong but here the situation.

I left Giant and received a P45, but there was overdue payment that was processed after my end date and ended up paying extra 2 thousand pounds in Tax.

I'm a limited company now, any my accountant is asking me for an up to date P45 to claim it back for me and Giant is asking for a fee. Is this right!??? what do i do...

You'd only get one p45. You only leave an employer once. What do you mean by an up to date one?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

You do not need another P45 to claim it back, and to be honest your ex-employer should not provide with you an amended one even for a fee.They simply need to provide you with a letter with the following information on, which is sufficient for HMRC purposes :-

1. The date of the payment

2. The Gross amount of the payment

3. The amount of PAYE deducted by them

4. Confirmation that the payment was after you left and after your P45 had been issued

HMRC will accept that as proof, your accountant should know that.

You do not need another P45 to claim it back, and to be honest your ex-employer should not

provide with you an amended one even for a fee.They simply need to provide you with a letter with the following information on, which is sufficient for HMRC purposes :-

1. The date of the payment

2. The Gross amount of the payment

3. The amount of PAYE deducted by them

4. Confirmation that the payment was after you left and after your P45 had been issued

HMRC will accept that as proof, your accountant should know that.

Thank you for your feedback this is very helpful i will challenge this to my accountant, I asume the writing needs to be on paper or can it be an email?

Thank you for your feedback this is very helpful i will challenge this to my accountant, I asume the writing needs to be on paper or can it be an email?

You need it on their formal company letter headed paper, with the company stamp on if possible, although the stamp isn't essential.

It has happened to me a few times that I received an additional late payment that wasn't in the original P45. In this case the company should send an additional P45, not an amended one.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

It has happened to me a few times that I received an additional late payment that wasn't in the original P45. In this case the company should send an additional P45, not an amended one.

Glad to know im not the only one! Thanks ive asked fof the additional p45, fingers crossed :)

What you need is called a 'Statement of Earnings' and you should actually be able to get one from the Giant site (if you are still able to access it - I can access mine and I left them in August).

The Statement of Earnings shows how much you paid in tax and everything else the taxman needs to know.

I used to regularly produce these when I worked in HR and they should not cost anything.

Does the payslip that Giant provided for the late payment give the information you need (on the bottom right hand side of the payslip).