Contents missing after recovering car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My car was impounded last week and I recovered it on the weekend, however today I opened the boot and see my speaker, amplifier, my bag and work cables are all missing. I mean are they allowed to remove my things??

I called the impound but it's just an automated message stating opening times and the documents required. The impound is far from my house so wouldn't really want to travel all that way and come back with no outcome.

Any one have any suggestions on what I can do?

I mean are they allowed to remove my things??

No it is theft

You need to report this to the police and get a reference number

Edited by Conniff

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

When the car was seized you should have been given a copy of the seizure notice, which (if it is filled out correctly by the police officer in front of you) will have a list of stuff you have taken from the vehicle, and stuff that has been left behind. You would only sign that document once the list has been read back to you.

What is written on the seizure notice ?

On the seizure notice the pink slip it says my name, address, where they seized the car from and a couple of questions where they ticked yes or no things like if driver Id confirmed etc.

Nothing there about car contents

On the seizure notice the pink slip it says my name, address, where they seized the car from and a couple of questions where they ticked yes or no things like if driver Id confirmed etc.

Nothing there about car contents

There should be two sections on the rear, though the seizure notices I have seen are normally white or blue - form 1239 ?, not pink.

Go into the same police station you had to visit with your documents etc and report the theft of the items whilst in the control of the police/their contracted company. dont let them fob you off with an incident number for your insurers, insist on a full statement being taken and if the desl officer wont agree then ask to see the duty inspector or station senior.