style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the act already in place or can I have Sundays off for now?

Sundays off until next April....

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

you still get Sunday off at the moment lol

most bailiffs read these forums and if they are at it with their fees then hell mend them they deserve all they get and if this bailiff knows its about him I hope he has some sleepless night worrying about this

amend the letter post 47 and turn it into a formal complaint send it to the ceo of the council (you must head your e-mail formal complaint) copy it to the bailiff firm

then use the letter post 47 and send it to all local councillors(by e-mail) and your MP as far im concerned they have been elected to represent their constituents' and should be made aware that a rouge bailiff is working their area and they should be taking it up with the council once they are informed

once the levy and all unlawful fees are removed you will be left with fees of £42.50

Edited by hallowitch

• 1 month later...

Just an update to help those who may refer to this thread in future and wants to get an example of timings and procedures.

I received a letter dated 29 November yesterday saying I had been scheduled for enforcement action.

This was eight weeks after the missed payment.

Rather ambiguously he say

"Prior to the enforcement itself I will hand deliver a pre-removal notice which will detail the date of my scheduled visit.

Should the amount outstanding not be paid in full beforehand, it is my intention to remove goods for sale at public auction.

I will be assisted by other certified bailiffs and, if necessary, will use a locksmith to gain entry."

So I guess it's just a case of waiting for their call.

Edited by ruth101

Pity he doesnt tell you that if he doesnt gain peaceful entry, he cant do bugger all.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just an update to help those who may refer to this thread in future and wants to get an example of timings and procedures.

I received a letter dated 29 November yesterday saying I had been scheduled for enforcement action. This was eight weeks after the missed payment. Rather ambiguously he say "Prior to the enforcement itself I will hand deliver a pre-removal notice which will detail the date of my scheduled visit. Should the amount outstanding not be paid in full beforehand, it is my intention to remove goods for sale at public auction. I will be assisted by other certified bailiffs and, if necessary, will use a locksmith to gain entry."

So I guess it's just a case of waiting for their call.

He's relying on the fact he has gained entry previously. Did you ever get the breakdown of fees from them? You should also ask the Council if they permit their contractors to force entry when payments are being made.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tbank you for your comments.

Tom, does the fact that he has already gained peaceful entry give him any leverage in gaining re-entry or does he still have to go through the same procedures?

I held back on writing to the bailiffs about the charges, but will do so now.

does the fact that he has already gained peaceful entry give him any leverage in gaining re-entry or does he still have to go through the same procedures?

No right if entry for the bailiff at all be vigilant doors and windows locked and car away

He would need permission from BOTH council and the court before any entry by force

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

No right if entry for the bailiff at all be vigilant doors and windows locked and car away

He would need permission from BOTH council and the court before any entry by force

He would also have to give a notice in writing of the time and date of any such forced entry.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks for confirming that. Sorry if I'm being thick, but is the suggestion of hiding the cars to give the impression of being out?

My concerns are that he/they may catch us when leaving the house and force their way in. How much force can they use? I'm 5 ft 1 in so not much chance against an 18 stone bailiff.

The fact that the good "seized" wouldn't even cover a fraction of their fees makes me feel they will rely on mind games and threats rather than action.

My concerns are that he/they may catch us when leaving the house and force their way in. How much force can they use? I'm 5 ft 1 in so not much chance against an 18 stone bailiff.

No force at all can't push past you

Can't lay a hand on you either

Remember he can talk bull and keep a clean shirt that is his special powers nothing else

Keep cars away to prevent bailiff having a levy on them

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

If he forces past you or hurts you, call the police immediately and tell them someone has broken into your home and assaulted you while you tried to stop them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

If he hasnt put a levy on them, yes. Park them a good 5-10 mins walk away.

how long ago and by what method did you pay him?

I wonder if we can get those back by chargeback and then pay it direct to the council via YOUR internet banking portal?

they can't refuse it that way

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

how long ago and by what method did you pay him?

I wonder if we can get those back by chargeback and then pay it direct to the council via YOUR internet banking portal?

they can't refuse it that way

dx

Early september and october, by debit card from current account. Payment made using their form on Internet - so difficult to say it was taken rather than given?

Great if we could, but could they try forcing further payments against it.

Thanks,

Ruth

Edited by ruth101

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update to say there has been no sign of any bailiffs, but we're still keeping a beady eye out.

I would just like to thank everyone who has given me great advice and got me through 2013. Have a very, merry Christmas and an amazing 2014.

Lots of love,

Ruth

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 2 months later...

Hi, bailiff called at 7.15am and unfortunately saw my husband putting rubbish in the bins and getting things from his car.

He knocked and knocked, and asked us to come to the door on about five occasions, but we kept silent. He stayed for about 30 minutes before leaving.

He put a note through the door saying that the removal contractor had been arranged to help with the removal on Monday.

No additional costs have been added yet but it says the additional costs of this action will be payable.

What should my next move be?