• Tweets

• The letter is broadly find that you're not saying that you are asserting your right to reject the item. I think you should spell out them quite specifically
    • I didn't manage to speak to Bosch again, however I tried yesterday and they didn't call back.  I will call them again tomorrow.  I can also complete an online form to ask for a repair to the item.  However I will hold off on this and get them to do it verbally by calling tomorrow if I can, of course I will update.    In the instance about the card, yes there is a card on the account. The only one on the account is an Amex which they can charge, I can remove it for the moment.    In regards to the collection I spoke to them on chat and they have arranged another collection, however I did on this occasion take screen shots of the chat.    In regards to the two letters, I will send the first tomorrow - I have drafted this....is this ok?    Dear Sir or Madam, REFERENCE:  (order No. /amazon.co.uk - Bosch Professional 0601B42070 GTS 635-216 Table Saw I purchased a Bosch Professional 0601B42070 GTS 635-216 Table Saw  from amazon.co.uk. At the point of purchase I paid £271.99. The Bosch Professional 0601B42070 GTS 635-216 Table Saw is not of satisfactory quality. The item arrived damaged.  The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with amazon.co.uk that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. As you are in breach of contract and I've owned the product for less than 30 days I am within my statutory rights to ask for a full refund of the original cost paid. You have issued a returns label for the item but have failed to collect it, I have on numerous occasions requested the item be collected.  If this does not happen within the next seven days then I will begin to charge storage charges of £5 per day. Yours faithfully,
    • The recent timeline is:    18th April: DCB sent me an email informing me that they have submitted a DQ. (Evening of 18th, I replied to DCB, telling them not to contact me via email.) I then checked on MCOL which had no recent updates, but just checked MCOL today and it says:   19th April: DQ sent to you. 20th April: DQ filed by claiment.    Thanks again dx, but I'm assuming now that the case is definitely not 'stayed'. Will update if I recieve a DQ. (I'm assuming that Im now just waiting for DQ to be sent to me as there's no links on MCOL?)  
    • Really sorry this is a long story. I Ordered and paid for bathroom furniture on the 8th of December 2020. was told it would take a month which was why i needed to. Pay in full understandable. Month later come no bathroom stuff and no contact what so ever. Phoned them chased my order up myself. The sales manager said it would be here a week later but sink and vanity unit would be another month. February come no contact off them and no goods or delivery. Tried to phone them for yet another month with no luck what so ever. Finally got in contact with them after a number of emails. told me order was here and will be delivered next week. Delivery come on the 23rd of march with radiator and valves missing. Phoned up the manager again he said it should be there if not the driver must of not put it on the van so will get it delivered soon as. Yet again no contact until i went in the shop when it opened due to covid asking for it. When the manager had a look in the stock room he said that he can not find it so must not be here but then showed me another one that he said was bigger and more expensive but same colour obviously off someone else's order told me i could just take that. I replied that i just wanted the one that i ordered really. Went back in the showroom and checked the order on the system and said it should be here. I reminded him about a conversation where he said on the phone that it was here but the driver must not of put it on the van which he replied with that he couldnt remember that conversation or saying that then turned around to me and said that they have been issues with his boss or the owner who keeps buying property to do up and takes stock out of the warehouse for the property which at that stage i was very shocked. The manager then said he will order me a new one that would be delivered tomorrow and will phone me to let me know. Tomorrow come no phone call and no product. I was sent the wrong vanity unit that i ordered yet again manager made up a bull story that he told me when i ordered it that the supplier didnt have it in so ordered a 1 draw and not 2 draw even though the 2 draw one was on my receipt 🤔. I put a review on Facebook about the company They are blaming covid for the rubbish customer service and offered £50 and free toilet holder on the ground i take the review off the director phoned and saiid the review was unfair and and shocking then said that stock is stock its the companies until it gets delivered but yet i had paid in full for my order. What am i entitled to do here.
    • so all speculative invoices since that date should be refunded....ruddy fleecers!   dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 32 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm watching an old episode of Superscrimpers, and a family are having an 'intervention' and challenge due to their excessive food bill.

A couple with 3 children, they spend £382 a week in total on food - £240 a week in supermarkets, and the rest on takeouts and a meal out every week.

I was stunned as I had been thinking our food bill was big - I have to eat very cleanly (of a limited diet), so we cook from scratch every day, and I have to eat plenty of quality meat, - as a couple our spend is between £80 to £100 a week (no takeouts, been a long while since we had a meal out), which I thought was a lot.

What do you think? What's your family size and what do you spend on food weekly?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

just us 2 and we spend between £30 and £50 a week on shopping

If I owe you money, take a number and join the queue. If you owe me money pay up and shut up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

too much. and our PM, Mayor, etc didn't even know the price of bread etc! :)

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

8 of us most weeks ( depends if the boys gf's stop over) and I think we live well on about 1200 - 1300 a month. However; we do benefit from bulk buying even the shortest of shelf life produce with little or no waste with so many mouths to feed.

up to £50 per week for four of us, plus 2 cats and a dog.

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

As I thought, needing to buy all fresh food and a fresh meat heavy diet has made our food bill higher than the norm.

But god knows what the family spending £240 a week at the supermarket were buying.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I think you just need to stand in the queue at any major supermarket to see what the money goes on, snacks, crisps, alcohol, ready meals etc etc.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Go to aldi and grow your own veg.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

For me, the wife, one daughter plus one cat and dog is £75 per week, I make my own bread, jam, pickles etc.

Try aldi, you could drop that right down. My mum pays around £90 a MONTH excluding milk etc for herself, my brother and sister. Brother is 24, sis is 22. And my brother and sister dont exactly have small appetites. SHe was spending upwards of 150-200 a month in asda before she switched shops. Now she wont shop anywhere else.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

hmm i thought ours was a lot

we put about £110 - £130 a week thats for us 2 + 3 kids, maybe £30 once every other week for a meal out or takeaway

as for trollys full of booze we brew our own much much cheaper about £30 for 30 bottles

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Live on my own except for the weekend when the better half lives here.

£15 -20 a week tops.

Lidl.

Aldi.

Iceland.

Market.

Buy things like bacon sausage chicken etc in bulk and freeze.

Did a casserole Sunday for four. Tea last night then her work dinner, y tea when I got in.

Costs about £4 a time.

I hate lidl, cheap and nasty stuff.

I do a bulk buy once a month and spend about £100 for 2 of us, plus an extra 2 when my son and his GF drop in, then about £20 a week for fresh fruit and veg, so thats £45 a week aprox for the 2 of us and that includes extras for my daughters lunch that she takes to work!

Honest answer is, you get what you pay for. Quality at the likes of lidl, Aldi, Iceland and Asda is IMO poorer than say sainsbury or M&S. I personally saw a marked decrease in Asda own label quality after they were bought by Walmart

Actually Aldi's quality rivals that of the big 4 now.

I beg to differ. Don't get me wrong, I use them because they are cheap but the fruit n veg and chilled is no where near as good. Not sure if you have noticed but in fruit n veg there is no use by date so they rotate on appearance etc. They do have some products that are exceptional value

I agree with fruit and veg, but then again i have the luxury of a dedicated greengrocers in the village near me. Way cheaper and the veg is much tastier from them.