csa payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Im in arrears of about £600 with csa. To cut a long story short, my daughter lives with her nan who has full custody. The nan only pursues me for payments not the mother. I'm aware the mother gives her money for my daughter but this is not taken into account when calculating my payment. This may sound like I'm trying to reduce my amount and I'm not but when there are two nrp's shouldn't this be considered.

Thanks

I'm really not sure what the policy is when the child or children live with another relative. Have you asked the CSA this question? If so what have they said?

Who do the CSA, consider to be the parent with care ??

You may find, it's mum .. with Nan, actually looking after her.

Either way, 15% of your salary (less Nights with you, and /or other children in your household.... reductions etc etc) still apply.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Ive asked the csa and they say they only pursue the claim which has been made and not really interested.

Full custody is with the nan and she is the claimant.

The mum makes contributions to the nan outside the csa. I would prefer to do this and could work with the mother on this. I think this is what the csa are starting to encourage but the nan doesnt seem keen.

Im going to start paying off the debt and getting the money to my daughter. I was just a bit concerned the nan was getting too much and maybe my daughter was not getting it all but thats another concern.

It would be interesting to know if there are two nrps, what the situation is. Im not sure where to turn for advice.

Yes you are right, the CSA are going to start charging for their service and thus encouraging parents to come to their own private agreements. Your daughters nan might be more keen when she realises the plan is to charge both the non resident and the resident parent!

I really don't know if neither parent being resident makes a difference - I've been having a look for you but haven't come up with anything as of yet

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Ive asked the csa and they say they only pursue the claim which has been made and not really interested.

Full custody is with the nan and she is the claimant.

The mum makes contributions to the nan outside the csa. I would prefer to do this and could work with the mother on this. I think this is what the csa are starting to encourage but the nan doesnt seem keen.

Im going to start paying off the debt and getting the money to my daughter. I was just a bit concerned the nan was getting too much and maybe my daughter was not getting it all but thats another concern.

It would be interesting to know if there are two nrps, what the situation is. Im not sure where to turn for advice.

Unless your daughter goes & does her own shopping, pays rent to her nan etc etc, then she shouldn't get it all anyway? Kids cost money to raise. I don't understand why they are only pursuing you thought & not you AND your ex partner.

• 2 weeks later...

The nan can have both parents paying for the child. Doesn't make any difference to either parent what the other is paying. How can the nan be getting 'too much'? Both parents contributing sounds fair and right to me. The nan may have come to a private arrangement with the mum which is fine. Nan May not be confident in your commitment to regular payments and regular amounts.

Indeed she may reconsider if you clear your debt and ensure you make your CSA payments on time all the time. When the charging starts she may be happy that you will keep making the payments directly to her.

You can get a template agreement form from 'Child Maintenance Options' site if you both want to make it more official.

Hope this helps.

SAFU