The caring company - what a joke!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having spent 3 days trying to access customer services via their BTChat I gave up. Spoke to customer services - got a Sales idiot who assured me they could provide me with BT Infinity at my new address because I was such a valued customer - even though she did not know the postcode that I was moving to - lies and more lies. Spoke to another customer services lady and eventually managed to give notice to terminate my services.

Received confirmatory email with details (Order Number: HMNIAZZ05500357406) of what would be charged by way of early termination charges.

We're sorry you're leaving us, but best wishes for the future. If we don't hear from you by midday on 18 Oct 2013, these services will stop later that day:

And these services will also stop:

• Unlimited Evening and Weekend Plan

A note about your bill

If you're stopping all your BT services, we'll send you a final bill within 14 days of you telling us. (this is not what I received) If you've still got some BT services, such as a rented phone, you'll carry on getting bills as usual for these.

What you'll pay:

• 30 day rental liability charge - As we say in our terms and conditions, we need 30 days' notice to stop your BT services - so you'll need to pay for them for 30 days from the date you asked us to stop them. For more information about the 30 day notice period, go to (gave them nearly 6 weeks notice and this has been paid in advance so why charge for another month on top)
  • Charges for ending your contract early - because you're stopping your service before the end of your contract, you'll need to pay a charge for the remaining months. How much depends on the number of services you're stopping and how many months you had left on your contract, but it's looking to be about £4.36.
  • Charge for stopping your broadband - because you're ending your broadband, you might need to pay £30. You can find out more about the fee for stopping your service at www.bt.com/ceasecharge

My BT services cease on 18th October and lo and behold I now receive another bill with yet another cycle of advance line rental and no mention of it being a "Final Bill".

Contacted BT Customer services and spoke to highly unhelpful and ignorant woman who tried to impress upon me the fact that the billing cycle is automatic and "no human involvement" is required. Maybe that was why she was so bored......

Outcome - BT may or may not refund the advance line rental charges that they should not be charging (assuming that is that there is actually some form of communication between customer services and billing) OR they just might go on billing me until I die.

For 18 months I have had to put up with a package that I can only "upsize" and not "downsize" so effectively they have had 18months worth of payment from me for something I am not able to use. I have had extremely slow internet speeds - pages taking up to 2-3 minutes to load. I have had service outages for which I have still had to pay for the service I was not receiving when they could not be bothered to send a technician to keep an appointment to fix my service.

And they wonder why I don't want their crappy service any more!!!!

My advice - "Don't touch BT with a barge pole" - they could not give a toss about their customers and their customer service staff - well let's put it this way "It is nice to be paid for a job that you DON'T do"

I can only sympathise wholeheartedly.

These companies are the next lot that need serious reining in as they are out of control, all too often ride roughshod over consumer law and cost the consumer huge amounts of time and money to get any issue resolved.

I left BT over 18 months ago and I'm just annoyed with myself that I didn't do it sooner.