Removal Expenses Form 9 Question The Distress for rent rules 1988(ameneded)1999

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Certificated bailiff are governed by the Distress for rent rules 1988 (Amended)1999

as far as I can see this includes the forms they must use when levying distress (Form7) walking possession (form 8) Removal expense's (Form9)

AM I correct so far ?

The council tax (administration and enforcement) regulations 1992 allow for

© one attendance with a vehicle with a view to the removing goods (where following the levy goods are not removed)

My Question is about the Removal expenses

on the form 9 it states

The cost of removing/attending to remove (delete as appropriate)Goods on............. for the purpose of sale /safe keeping is calculated as follows

To me this infers that when the bailiff turns up to remove goods under © Charges connected with distress of the council tax administration and enforcement regulations he should leave a form 9 and not a letter saying he has been to remove goods

What if anything am I missing here or am I reading the form wrong ?

Does this Form not apply in these circumstances ?

If this form is only used when goods are actually removed why does it say The cost of removing/attending to remove (delete as appropriate)?

Has the wording on the form been amended/changed at any time if yes when and by who?

Its not a paper exercise and when a bailiff turns up with intentions of removing goods whether goods are removed or not (Furniture as an example) he should arrive in vehicle fit for purpose

I would also assume that the attendance to remove fee will include the costs of a porter again because he is there to remove goods and one man/woman cant remove big items himself

So why it that the Form 9 is never used in these circumstances:???:

Could be that they looked at how much a removal pantechnicon capable of clearing a house cost per day, so decided to chance it with a Berlingo, and ignore that inconvenient piece of admin that would become part of an account record.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!