BankFodder BankFodder

exasperated

Understanding my statute barred debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2373 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

Having reviewed my credit file recently one of my debts has been logged as in default since September 2007 so is this now statute barred?

Also what I can't understand is that all my debts went unpaid at this same date when I lost my job

but some show as defaulted as late as 2013.

These debts have been bought by IND & Capquest but I haven't made a payment so how do I find out how this has occurred ?

The Capquest debt shows August this year as the default date and ind in 2009 but this is impossible.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Exasp

Hi,

The default date and the date a debt becomes statute barred are not the same.

Statute barred = no payment or unequivocal written acknowledgment of the debt in 6 clear years, however defaults are placed some time after the date of the last payment often 6 months or more later, the default entry remains on the credit file for the full 6 year period even though the debt is statute barred.

Are these other entries by Ind and Capquest actual new default dates or are they the dates that the files were updated.

Are there entries on these debt showing for example the term 'date last delinquent? This indicates the date the last payment was made.

If you can please post up suitably redacted screen prints of the file entries, I will try to sort this out for you.

You will need to ascertain exactly when the last payments were made.

It is likely that you will need to make Subject Access Requests (SARs) to the original creditors on these debts.

The rule is only 1 default can ever be registered for any debt, companies like Ind and Capquest cannot change the original default date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brigs

I only am going off one of the three but in essence they were all paid last at the same time when I had money. It's a long story but soon as I lost my job within a month I was in real trouble. Everyone deserted me so I had no choice but stop paying. I will order another credit report and come back to you,

I'm working again now brigs and am away til Tuesday so if I don't come back to you till then will you still pick this up with me?

Thanks

Exasp

Yes of course I'll be alerted when you post again!

Best wishes,

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: