ASUS damaged my TF201 tablet and failed to repair it !

rtyd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been arguing with ASUS for the past few months due to a RMA for my transformer prime. I bought the tablet secondhand so I dont have any warranty from a retailer. However the tablet was in warranty with ASUS when I sent it and ASUS agreed to pick it up and deliver to their service center in the Czech Republic free of charge. I choose to return it because of the screen starting to come loose on the right side of the tablet but I'd also had the weak wi-fi problem, so i was hoping that could be taken care of as well. Both these problems are very common and are pretty much confirmed as manufacturing issues so I believed it would be taken care of by ASUS.

After a few weeks with their repairer I get the dreaded CID, meaning customer induced damage. I was really surprised to hear that I was being accused of damaging the tablet as it was in pristine condition apart from a slightly loose screen, so I queried and found out that the tablet had a dented corner. I knew this could not have been caused by me as the tablet was sent undamaged and also packaged very securely. I then asked ASUS for pictures of the damage as I couldn't really believe them saying it was damaged.

When they came back to with pictures i was shocked to see that my tablet looked like it had been chucked about a few times with some pretty big dents to the bottom left corners of the tablet and the dock. There were also multiple scratches on the device and the screen was now visibly loose. Luckily i actually took pictures and a video of my tablet just before I had sent it away so I could prove that when I had asked for an RMA and sent the tablet it was still undamaged. After a loads of back and forth with customer support who all assured my that my case was escalated to management, I filed a complaint with ASUS and finally got in touch with a senior employee of ASUS. This dude looked at my case, contacted the repairer to get the full story and finally found out that the damage wasn't from me. He promised that my tablet would be repaired completely and that the cosmetic damage would also be taken care of ASAP.

A week later I get a text from DHL saying my tablet has been picked up from SMS Infocom service center and will be delivered soon. I get another text the following morning saying my tablet is out for delivery, which really impressed me as one day delivery from the Czech Republic to Northern Ireland wouldn't have been easy or cheap. Waited in the house for the package and it came in the early afternoon. When I opened it I was once again shocked as I'd received a dented and scratched tablet. I checked the serial number and they all were correct, looked in the box to find repair documents for a TF300 and a set of instruction for a TF101 ? Obviously the repair center didn't bother fixing anything on the tablet and sent me some random documents lying about to fill up the box.

Straight away I contact ASUS to tell them what happened, Customer services have no clue as to whats actually going on and it has taken them almost two weeks to look at the video and confirm that nobody even tried to repair it. The loose screen problem is so bad that the top part of the screen doesnt fit in the chassis and pops out from time to time exposing the inside of the tablet.

Alright mate,

I have emailed that address a few days ago but it doesn't seem to have done anything as I've not received a response yet. I did get the direct email of the senior employee who helped me with the CID but he seems to have gone AWOL after agreeing to repair it for free.

Just wondering what sorts of rights I have in this case as I did buy it secondhand and I cant go all Sales Of Goods Act on whoever sold it to me.

The Czech Republic is a member of the European Union which means that you have the same rights over companies in that country as you do in this country.

Click this link - Citizens' guide to cross-border civil litigation in the European Union and you will get a pdf to read. If it should go this far, then basically it is no

different than issuing a claim against a company in the UK.

Cheers mate,

Yeah I figured that there would be no really problems with location. What I am unsure of is my right regarding quality of service from ASUS and if compensation should be in order from ASUS' failure to provide me with a repaired tablet.

Can you see on any of the paperwork they supply with the tablet a jurisdiction clause ".... subject to the law of England and Wales ...." ?

If so then you have no worry about European law, any claim against Asus can be made in this country.

Thanks again,

I'm curious as to what sort of compensation could be asked from ASUS in a situation like this. As I mentioned in the OP, I'm not the original owner as I paid about £300 secondhand under a year ago and the tablet was registered to the original use. ASUS have had the tablet for a very long time now. Part of this was my fault as i was so busy with university so i didnt have the time to chase them up, but i have been in constant contact with them for just under three months now