style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I hope someone can help because i'm at my wit's end.

I got home last night to find a hand delivered letter from Marston's bailiffs delivered on 1st October. It says REMOVAL NOTICE in big red letters and the offence is for a distress warrant. They are asking for the tune of £947. I'm very alarmed at this as I have not received any letters or notifications about this until now. It states client as "HMCTS Hampshire and IOW" and contains a reference number. I've called the Fixed Penalty Office who were able to give me a police reference number and tell me it relates to a fixed penalty notice ocurred on 27th October 2007. I've called the police and they say it relates to when an office stopped me and I failed to produce a licence, so I was given a fixed penalty notice of £60 that went unpaid. I've been stopped a few times in my time and caught for speeding, but in all honesty I do not remember this happening.

Now i'm at a bit of a dead end. I feel it's massively unfair that I have to pay £947 (money I don't even have) for an offence I don't even recall happening. I've also moved house in that time and I regularly work abroad for months at a time. Still, I check my post regularly and i've never received anything warning me to this debt.

Does anyone know where I can go from here? Can I file a statutory declaration? The police said the court is SE Hampshire Magistrates but I can't find a number of anyone willing to talk to me.

I'm worried that at any moment, bailiffs are going to break into my house and take my stuff.

Hi Hallowitch

Thanks for that, very useful info. Off the back of it I was able to track down the court. There is a hearing on Tuesday where I will pay a small fee and file a stat dec, which im now booked in for. The hounds have now been called off and I will be re-prosecute and will be able to pay the original fine. Feels like a massive weight is off my shoulders - the system works!!! I was absolutely scared to the bone about this and haven't been able to sleep this week. Phew. Thanks for your help.