GE Capital bank - statements

Glenn UK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All

GE capital wrote to me recently telling me they only hold data for 5 years.

Now call me cynical but this is crap and the CAG contact at the ICO agrees.

If you have received a similar letter and don't have all your info please complain to the ICO. They have a file on them but its small, with your help it may grow soon.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Dear All

GE capital wrote to me recently telling me they only hold data for 5 years.

Now call me cynical but this is crap and the CAG contact at the Information Commissioners Office agrees.

If you have received a similar letter and don't have all your info please complain to the Information Commissioners Office. They have a file on them but its small, with your help it may grow soon.

Glenn

If you are keeping a record Glenn, I sent my complaint off today.

Sarah

Sarah

Excellent good for you, it would be good if anyone who complains about this issue posts on here, that way if/when i speak with my contact i can update them as to the scale of the problem.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Not quite the same situation, but I (or rather my wife) received statements from GE money for her two store cards. Up to a certain point they provided photocopies of the statements themselves, and then from about 2003/2004 to the present they simply provided what was clearly a system printout where 'all' the transactions were on about 2 sheets, one after the other. At no point does it mention, on these latter sheets, any late payments, for either account, and I'm 150% certain that we had late payments on at least one of these accounts.

My concern is that they are missing off charge information. I'm in the process of getting the info off statements themselves, which i forwarded to our debt consolidation company - they're having a look for me. In the meantime it does potentially open up a question as to whether or not they are providing full information.

Anyone else get this problem?

Halifax: FULL REFUND

_________

Lloyds TSB: FULL REFUND

HSBC Current Acct: FULL REFUND

Capital One (three accounts); GE Money (Mothercare); GE Money (Burton):

Getting round to sending off first letters...!

i have been at logger heads with this g.e. for three months over my s.a.r.

the info they sent me was undecipherable with the abbreviations list sent to me missing a good 50% of the abbreviations not transcribed..i have taken this up with the data control officer of ge...but they deny anything is wrong and i am certain there are loads of charges not listed on the breakdown...they are so slow at responding to your letters on these matters and even tried the "files are not subject to the data protection act because they are not in an orderly system" malarky on me...jokers to say the least and i will certainly be bringing this to the attention of the i.c.o...it took them 50 odd days to comply with the s.a.r. they are a joke and need pulling in to line and i will certainly do my all to ensure this happens. ;) 007

"ALWAYS QUOTE ME AS BEING MISQUOTED" :D

Cheers for that Mr Bond! I've started my own thread too, so as to avoid accusations of hijacking :p heh heh

Do you have a Licence to Sue? heh

Halifax: FULL REFUND

_________

Lloyds TSB: FULL REFUND

HSBC Current Acct: FULL REFUND

Capital One (three accounts); GE Money (Mothercare); GE Money (Burton):

Getting round to sending off first letters...!

Guys

The ICO is really interested in failures to cmply with the DPA and its intent, ie. tosupply you with the data your entitled to in the timeframe set out and in an understandable format.

If they are not doing this then they arent complying and you should complain to the ICO.

If no one complains then the ICO thinks everything is hunky dory.

Glenn

• Haha 1

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

I have just complained to the Information Commissioner about G E 's failure to supply requested information. I downloaded a complaint form from their website and it probably took me about 10 minutes to complete and get the supporting evidence together.

Hope this helps

Sarah

Good on you guys,

I spoke to the ICO yesterday and they are quite keen to take up the issues of organisations failing to comply.

I know that they have started on GE Money and the more complaints they receive the better since it supports any initiatives they may take.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Glenn

I am fairly new on this site and have noticed from reading different threads you always crop up with good advice. So I wondered if you could advise me on how to work out interest on credit cards especially.

For intance GE Money is something like 29.8% how do you deal with the calculations as the sppreadsheets on the system all seem to to be geared to 8%.

Also, Capital One, I have noticed use different rates during a 6 year period

so how can you reliably work these out each month.

I am a little confused and want to get my claim right. I am also going to have a big GO with SHABBEY as they owe me big time.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Regards

DS

DS

Beofre I launch into a dilaogue (or is it diatribe? LOL), may i suggest you start your own thread/s or if you already have, send me a link via pm and ill comment there save hijacking this thread if thats ok.

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 2 months later...

Update for the thread:

Just before Christmas I received a reply from the ICO regarding G E Money. In it, they stated that they believed that GE had contravened the sixth principle of the DPA. They went on to say that they were going to be contacting GE money to try and establish why they had not produced the information (sorry for not updating on this before)

Today I received another letter from the ICO stating that they had been in touch with G E Money. I will precis the relevant bits below:

" GE Money explained to me that they were unable to provide you with some of your personal data as it had not been archived and so it was not possible for them to retrieve the information. GE Money cited problems with a number of external companies for these occurences and stated that steps were being taken to ensure such problems did not re-occur. This resulted in them being unable to supply a small amount of personal date for the period between June 2004 and September 2004 and personal data prior to September 2001.

My colleagues in the Information Commisioner's Regulatory Action Division have liaised with GE Money regarding this problem. The outcome of my assessment (dated 12/12/2006) shall remain unchanged as GE Money were unable to provide you with some of the personal data that you were entitled to under the subject access provisions of the Act."

Interesting isn't it that in their last letter to me, GE stated that they did not have to provide data older than 5 years as this was the length of retention for Money Laundering purposes - now this is a glitch with outside agencies.

I have 8 statements missing from GE. Mine are Sept 02, Sept 03, Nov 03, Jan - Jun 04. These seem to be outside the dates that they given to the Commisioner!

Creation Financial Services--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

Statements received 28 Oct

PAR sent 30 Oct for £910 Credited £282 as Good will Offer

LBA sent 28 Dec for £730

N1 filled out, but they phoned and settelled in full 19 Jan:D

GE Capital--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

Capital One---S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

Great Universal(Littlewoods Shop Direct--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

PAR sent 19 Jan

Nat West--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26 Oct

Received 27 Oct

Acknowledgement received 28 Oct

Update for the thread:

Just before Christmas I received a reply from the Information Commissioners Office regarding G E Money. In it, they stated that they believed that GE had contravened the sixth principle of the Data Protection Act. They went on to say that they were going to be contacting GE money to try and establish why they had not produced the information (sorry for not updating on this before)

Today I received another letter from the Information Commissioners Office stating that they had been in touch with G E Money. I will precis the relevant bits below:

" GE Money explained to me that they were unable to provide you with some of your personal data as it had not been archived and so it was not possible for them to retrieve the information. GE Money cited problems with a number of external companies for these occurences and stated that steps were being taken to ensure such problems did not re-occur. This resulted in them being unable to supply a small amount of personal date for the period between June 2004 and September 2004 and personal data prior to September 2001.

My colleagues in the Information Commisioner's Regulatory Action Division have liaised with GE Money regarding this problem. The outcome of my assessment (dated 12/12/2006) shall remain unchanged as GE Money were unable to provide you with some of the personal data that you were entitled to under the subject access provisions of the Act."

Interesting isn't it that in their last letter to me, GE stated that they did not have to provide data older than 5 years as this was the length of retention for Money Laundering purposes - now this is a glitch with outside agencies.

Hi Sarah

Only just seen this thread. As you know I am fighting both GE Capital and Buchanan Clark & Wells whom I believed GE Capital sold the so called debt onto. I have never had any correspondence from GE or BCW regarding the original agreement or the deed of transfer, despite sending DPA/SAR, non compliance letters, CCA letter, non compliance to that and threat of Court Action etc...

Just out of curiosity are GE Money the same as GE Capital?

I will download that complaint form myself and get that off as a matter or urgency, I've had enough.........

Boo

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Hi Boo- yes, they are the same and yes, please do complain. The more legitimate complaints the better so, that the ICO can see a pattern. By the way, I just found out today (not because GE told me) that they have forwarded the amount of charges I was claiming (but, not the contractual interest) to the DCA which was contrary to my explicit requests in all correspondence so, if they think they have seen the last of me, they are mistaken!

Good Luck - keep us updated

Steve- the letter which was sent back to me from the ICO reflected my own, specific complaint so, you will need to lodge your own complaint with the ICO to get their opinion on your missing statements. Different people are missing statements from different time periods which rather negates GE's argument that the problem was only for very short times!

Good luck to you too

Sarah