Carer Aprrenticeship

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I need some advice regarding my 17 year old daughter.....

She started working in a local community centre in April, for elderly people.... She would arrange their meals, take them to the toilet and play games with them.

About 4 weeks ago she started shadowing a colleague to go to the houses and give them medication, and prepare their meals. There is no personal duties needed.

Last night she did not get home till 1030pm..... Which I think is late for a 17 year old to be working, when she is only on apprenticeship wages.

There is people working for the same company which are on 0 contracted hours and would kill for the extra hours. I dont think it is fair they are sending my daughter out for £2.65 an hour and she is doing the same job as a person on £6.31 an hour.

Is this legal? She works with another 2 girls on apprenticeship and they havent been asked to do what my Daughter is doing.

I would like some advice before I do look into it further, I have asked my daughter if she has a contract and she is unsure.

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to see there has been no response to your problem so far.

If your daughter is on an apprenticeship she should have some documentation that she signed. Also if she is being paid she should have some sort of employment contract.

Copies of these need to be post here minus the personal details to see what hours and remuneration are stipulated.