Mackenzie Hall and Studio Cards

pumbles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We moved house in 2008.

About a year later Mackenzie Hall contacted my wife about a Studio cards debt of £127

relating to an order made from our old address in November of 2008.

Although my wife had expressed an interest, and asked for a catalogue from studio Cards,

she never actually bought anything, or opened an account.

Seemingly, when they send catalogues out the order form is already preprinted with the name and address of the recipient.

My wife explained that we had moved long before this order was made and it was not her responsibility.

Mackenzie Hall wanted her to jump through hoops to prove we had moved when we said.

We said you prove it's our debt, and we heard nothing more.

When my wife checked her Noddle account a few days ago, five years on, she found two recent defaults,

one from Mackenzie Hall, and one from Studio Cards - both for the original amount.

Could someone please advise us how we can rectify this.

Forget Muckyhall, deal direct with the catalogue company.

Get onto their complaints procedure and exhaust it, stay OFF the phone to both of them, if muckhall ring laugh and hang up, repeat the process each and every time.

Keep a diary of events also, especially regarding their course of telephone harassment, you can then show your local cop shop the diary when you report them for the criminal offence of harassment.

What is the date of default on the CRF?

The cat default should have been removed when they foolishly passed it to these clowns to chase. So that is another complaint in itself to the CRA to update their files immediately or you will seek legal advice with a view to taking legal action against them and Muckhall for defamation.

Have you been refused for any credit at all over the past five years?

• Confused 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Formal Complaints to MH and Studio is the way forward, also place notices of dispute on ALL CRA files displaying the data.

I can help with letters if needed.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Remember this and it will do you well.

It is up to THEM to prove you owe a debt. Not for you to prove you dont. It's obviously a phishing attempt at a lemon debt as they are trying to get you to give them info on when you moved house etc. THis is normally done when they are trying to create documents and dont have the details.

From now on, dont converse with them at all.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

and when you've nailed them

SUE for compensation from both MH and studio!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Too late for ignoring now CRA file compromised.

I meant to ignore their silly attempts at chasing a debt. The CRA can be dealt with seperately, and as dx said, could entail a fair bit of comp coming the OP's way.

I would also advise getting MH's trading standards involved here. I'm sure sam would love to know about this.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D