BankFodder BankFodder

Surfer01

New Style Blue Badge

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2333 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have received my new Blue badge and a letter which states;

"Do not place this new blue badge inside a wallet with a clear plastic pocket as this may cause damage to the hologram on the badge when exposed to high temperatures"

Many BB holders have these type of wallets as they are convenient and they are not exactly cheap. We never had this sort of warning with our previous BB. Not sure whether to take the chance and place it in the wallet or not?

BTW are we required to return the old BB to whoever issued it as it is a requirement for the new one?

I cannot comment on the plastic folder/hologram question, but I can tell you that my local authority, [stafford], have always been keen to get my old BB's back, as it all helps with preventing fraudulent use of these items.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

My old one still has 3 weeks to run so no point in sending back at present. Can't use the new one until the old one has expired. As the badge clearly shows the expiry date, surely you cannot use it after that date anyway? Still concerned about the hologram bit though.

I believe that if an expired BB were to get into the hands of those who are less honest than you, they can be altered - shocking, I'll admit, but there are some really naughty people out there!

Sam

NatWest - Written off!

I found that my bus pass wasn't being read correctly by the ticket machine on my local bus, [or I kept getting a registered blind driver], either way, it seemed to be the date that was causing the problem, so I cut a "window" in the "see-through" cover, to line up with the date - no more trouble!

Perhaps I could suggest that you do the same, to coincide with the hologram on the BB?

Or, remove the window glaze part altogether, mine sticks like sh*t to a blanket, and when I need to remove the card, [not often], I have a job to get it out.

Sam

NatWest - Written off!